Monsanto Research Assistant in NAMPA, Idaho
Monsanto is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to work as part of a sweet corn breeding team, based in Nampa, ID. The Research Assistant will assist in all phases of a sweet corn breeding program and will report to the Site Manager / Breeder. This is a unique opportunity to work with leading edge technology and talented research scientists seeking to deliver the best varieties to sweet corn growers.
• Coordinate and supervise different operations, including, but not limited to, seed preparation, planting of breeding nurseries and yield trials, field plot management, data collection, harvesting, data analysis and reporting
• Utilize research equipment, such as planters, combines and hand held computers
• Interact with Scientists and Breeders on- and off-site for project related needs
• Assist in providing safety training and guidance to field personnel
• Recruit, train and supervise temporary employees
• Work closely with other research sites to keep program operating efficiently
• Participate with team to maintain quality standards
• Travel overnight during planting and harvest season - several days for out-of-state trials
• B.S. in Agronomy, Environmental Science or related field OR equivalent experience
• Ability to initiate and supervise daily tasks, as well as demonstrated ability to balance and prioritize
• Ability to work extended hours during the peak planting and harvest seasons and travel for several days for out-of-state trials
• Commitment to maintaining a safe working environment.
• Experience utilizing computer applications for reports and data, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both written and oral.
• Ability to work well with others in supervisory and service capacities and to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams
• Familiarity with breeding methodologies
• Broad knowledge of crop production and farming practices, as well as farm equipment operation and repair
• Pesticide applicator license, or ability to obtain a pesticide applicator license
Organization: GLB Tech HR - VEG R&D51093379_
Title: Research Assistant
Location: North America-USA-Idaho-Nampa
Requisition ID: 01NAH
Job: Research & Development
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please for further assistance.access our disability accommodations process
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: ; .
EEOC PosterEEOC Supplement