Oracle Senior Applications Engineer in Nashua, New Hampshire
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Perform performance trend analysis and manage the server/network capacity. Propose client configuration and implement technical solutions to enhance and/or troubleshoot the system. Work with others to define, coordinate vendor purchase needs. Responsible for support documentation as well.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle HSGBU is a leading strategic software application provider to the health sciences industry, helping pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and healthcare organizations by offering innovative products and services that provide compelling customer and shareholder value. Oracle has relationships with health sciences industry leaders – including 20 of the top 20 life sciences companies and 14 of the top 14 Fortune Global 500 healthcare organizations. Oracle HSGBU is leveraging industry-shaping and transformative technologies that optimize clinical R&D, mitigate risk, advance healthcare, and improve patient outcomes. Please seehttps://www.oracle.com/industries/health-sciences/index.html for a comprehensive list of our life sciences focused products.
Life Sciences function is transforming Clinical R&D, delivering actionable insights from aggregated clinical and healthcare data while optimizing clinical trial efficiency and productivity. Healthcare function is Improving Outcomes and Patient Care and Leveraging the use of real-world genomic and healthcare data to support personalized medicine and accountable care, achieve Compliance, Quality, and Efficiency in Safety Operations.
HSGBU AMS group is responsible for supporting hosted applications and offerings in Cloud that involves in Application Deployment & Configuration on production servers.
Position Title:Applications Engineer
The successful candidate will possess excellent systems management and interpersonal communication skills, have good troubleshooting and analyzing skills, responsible and responsive. The candidate must be familiar with Windows Operating System, database and Internet technologies, security, and hosting facilities. Experience with the Inform Suite of Products in the Oracle HSGBU SAAS1 is a very important requirement.
The candidate must feel comfortable in a fast-paced and team-based environment.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
As part of the Oracle Health Sciences AMS Team - the individual will be the lead on the CPR (Customer Product Readiness) Team:
• Work with project managers to plan server resources and set-up timelines for customer projects. Develop requirements, specifications, and project development efforts to support customer projects.
• Perform all the tasks required to validate the capacity process, from provisioning all the way to trial creation before the product release - including product installs, upgrades, and migrations
o Implement Capacity Add, Capacity Change and Product Install/Upgrade/Migration requests (both GBUCS 1.0 and GBUCS 3.0)
o Execute against project plans to implement software and hardware installation and upgrade projects.
o Handle critical and escalated implementations
o Issue Resolution – Resolving both technical and process-related issues
o Identify needs for improvement
• Update the documentation provided from the Development to ensure that the process is repeatable and not error-prone
• Knowledge Transfer to AMS Operations and Support
• Backup/Recovery, Disaster Recovery and Enhanced Disaster Recovery testing of the Applications
• Ensure that the quality of the product signed-off and handed off to the operations and professional services is customer-ready
• Assure internal and vendor compliance to company standard operating procedures. Review quality metrics and procedures.
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
• Demonstrable expertise in server/system management in a production environment.
• Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Working experience in Hosted environments following a Ticketing Process/Service management tool
• Good understanding of ITIL Framework (should have working experience in Change management, Incident management)
• Experienced with Quality Management methods and philosophies.
• Strong Knowledge of Windows server technologies and UNIX and/or Linux
• Basic understanding of TCP/IP, SMTP, sFTP, Active Directory, IIS, ASP, HTML, VBScript, Windows Scripting, and DNS services and ability to write and debug scripts.
• Basic understanding of SQL and database is a plus
• Installation and operation of custom Internet and Intranet computing environments.
• First rate customer service skills are a MUST.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 4-6 year’s experience in System administration preferably in the Production Environment.
• Technology Certifications are a plus.
• Available to work in shifts including nights and ready to accept On-call 24/7 responsibility including Weekends.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills.
• Able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Self-managed and self-motivated.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: *Senior Applications Engineer *
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 20000WSH
- Oracle Jobs