HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Associate Application Engineer in Nashville, Tennessee
HealthTrust is the industry's leading group purchasing organization (GPO), providing sustainable savings for supplies and expert sourcing for medical device and purchased services.
With an annual purchasing volume by our members of over $18 billion, membership includes over 1,400 not-for-profit and for-profit acute care facilities and 10,600 surgery centers, alternative sites and physician practices.
Founded in 1999, HealthTrust is organized as a limited partnership. A wholly-owned, indirect subsidiary of HCA Holdings, Inc. is the general partner and operates the partnership, controlling the majority of voting interest of the GPO. All other GPO equity holders are all healthcare providers or are owned by healthcare providers.
HealthTrust is the only GPO with a truly committed model—with member-driven decision making, compliant purchasing, and a national portfolio of unparalleled value.
JOB SUMMARY The Associate Application Engineer provides development and support of Enterprise applications and initiatives within HealthTrust.
Applicant will be expected to learn and maintain existing applications as well as work within a project team environment for any new development. This includes requirements gathering and providing estimates for the work involved. Other specific responsibilities are outlined below. The Associate Application Engineer is the primary designer for the SharePoint environment and must be able to create, configure, and edit SharePoint objects like site collections, sites, lists and libraries, templates, content types, workflows, etc. The Associate Application Engineer must have a high level understanding of SharePoint and how its various capabilities can be combined to provide business solutions for users’ needs. Effective communication and requirements gathering with business users is critical to the position. Administration of additional in-house applications is also required and will be taught to the Application Engineer.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES • Work closely with business users to document requirements, design prototypes, create any needed training materials, and determine and execute security requirements.
• Complete intranet site implementation tasks assigned according to project plans, and communicate obstacles and status.
• Create site collections and sites and ensure permissions are configured correctly.
• Analyze and execute change requests and enhancements.
• Create and maintain intranet site documentation.
• Design no-code solutions which provide benefits for end users.
• Train users and help them to understand important SharePoint concepts and functionalities.
• Work closely with other IT&S departments like Technical Services, Applications Services, and Project Management.
• Adheres to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Value Statements
• Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care and employee information.
• Performs other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE Less than 1 year
EDUCATION College Graduate - Preferred Technical Training
OTHER/SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS • Excellent customer service skills
• Experience with SharePoint 2010/2013.
• Effective communication skills, both electronic and face-to-face.
• Experience creating and configuring web applications, configuring service applications/shared service providers, configuring search in a SharePoint environment, and troubleshooting and fixing errors.
• Proven strong critical thinking skills
• Ability to be creative and innovative in a complex technical environment
• Ability to work individually or in a close team environment
• Experience designing intuitive and effective user interfaces.
• Experience designing, documenting, and managing permissions in a SharePoint environment, and familiarity with the challenges and best practices surrounding the topic of SharePoint permissions.
• Experience creating custom workflows for SharePoint with SharePoint Designer and/or Visual Studio.
• Knowledge of taxonomies, site design, navigation principles, and best practices for SharePoint.
• Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server, Active Directory, IIS, and Windows Server, and their roles in a SharePoint environment.
• Proficiency with SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, and Microsoft Office.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work as part of a geographically dispersed team
• Demonstrated ability to prepare and maintain documentation
• Demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders and customers
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Associate Application Engineer
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-1100 Charlotte - Capitol View
Requisition ID: 10207-23392