HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Associate Client Support Analyst in Nashville, Tennessee
WHY HCA? At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
Additional Facts: • Ranked 63 in Fortune 500 • Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase • Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT annually since 2009 • Named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” annually since 2010 • 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission’s list of top performers on key quality measures.
JOB SUMMARY The Associate Support Analyst is primarily responsible for facilitating support within a Line of Business to all HCA, Lifepoint, Capella, Parallon and non-affiliated hospitals and HCA’s corporate office, division offices or other entities. This client services role includes answering incoming phone calls and emails from clients from throughout the enterprise, answering inquiries and questions, gathering significant information, triaging issues, troubleshooting problems, providing information to clients, prioritizing issues based on potential impact, routing issues to appropriate resources, and follow up phone calls and emails to assure issues have been addressed satisfactorily.
They will interact and collaborate with other support analysts within the enterprise and the client base to provide significant information about support issues, utilize appropriate resources to initiate effective resolution processes, enter information with meaningful content into ticketing system, identify and prioritize issues to be escalated and engage in some problem solving processes. The client base supported will include representatives from the HCA division service desks and shared service centers, vendor representatives and other departments throughout the enterprise. Building strong working relationships within IT&S by working across organization boundaries to acquire and record significant information to be used in the resolution of client reported issues. They will be required to continually expand knowledge of current and upcoming products within the designated specialties and update and distribute reference information accordingly.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES • Answers Client Support Services telephone calls professionally, triages issues, determines if incident resolution processes are needed and if so documents meaningful information in the CSS ticketing system and routes those tickets to the appropriate resources. Customer inquiries and questions will be received via phone calls, mailboxes or other alternative streams of input.
• Strong communication skills and etiquette are necessary and will be demonstrated at all times as a representative of the corporation.
• Knowledge of common IT keywords and technology issues.
• Participation in troubleshooting issues.
• Continual observation of incident resolution processes to promote understanding of issues, root causes and potentials for negative impact caused by reported issues.
• Function as a liaison between CSS and users/requestors, vendors, and IT&S staff members as directed by CSS fix agents.
• Creates a positive client support experience and builds strong relationships through problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling clients with a consummately professional attitude.
• Acknowledges IT&S Service Level Agreements (SLA), monitors open ticket status and conveys to ticket owners/assignees any potential compromise of SLA’s.
• Actively participates in communicating needs and expectations for customers and stakeholders, under the direction of other support analysts, consultants, Managers, Directors and/or AVP.
• Continually expands knowledge of current and upcoming products, applications, systems, and processes.
• Continually seeks to improve technical skills as they relate to all areas of the support organization through attending classes, providing onsite support to facilities as requested and keeping up to date on industry standards.
EXPERIENCE Relevant Work Experience Less than 1 year
College Graduate Preferred
Other as Noted: • Candidates with equivalent job experience may be considered.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS • Demonstrated desire to learn line of business and business terminology
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated patience, empathy, courtesy and listening skills required in dealing with customers and their issues
• Desire to learn HCA’s Client Support Services processes and techniques
• Above average communication and telephone skills
• Ability to succinctly communicate verbally and in a variety of media
• Strong interpersonal relationship skills and the ability to work with a team
• Excellent data entry and keyboard skills
• Basic computer skills and knowledge (i.e. Microsoft Office)
Preferred but not required • Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
• A working knowledge of providing customer support using issue tracking software
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS • Physical Demands: Prolonged sitting, viewing a computer screen and typing on a computer keyboard
• Physical Demands: Extensive telephone usage
• Working Conditions: Includes a schedule that has shifts occurring after normal business hours (nights, weekends and company holidays) and on-call support as required.
• Working Conditions: May require occasional travel
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Associate Client Support Analyst
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Corporate Metroplex
Requisition ID: 10207-26585