HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Associate Project Manager in Nashville, Tennessee
WHY HCA? At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
Additional Facts: • Ranked 63 in Fortune 500 • Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase • Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT annually since 2009 • Named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” annually since 2010 • 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission’s list of top performers on key quality measures.
JOB SUMMARY What makes IT&S unique as a technology company is that our solutions ultimately impact the care of patients. Although our skills are needed in a number of industries, we in IT&S apply them specifically to the noble cause of healthcare. We are "Healthcare Inspired." It is this guiding vision that pervades and positively influences every level of our organization. It shapes our mission, defines our values, and brings our leaders and employees together in a shared enthusiasm for their work, setting IT&S apart as a uniquely purpose-driven company in the IT industry.
HCA IT&S Associate Project Managers are innovative individuals who use creativity and stakeholder partnerships to deliver business value. HCA Associate Project Managers are responsible for oversight of small projects or phases of a larger project of low to medium complexity. Associate Project Managers will sharpen communication and relationship skills by learning to communicate across multiple channels including IT&S and Business Operations, to define an initiative’s scope, schedule and budget. Associate Project Managers oversee the activities of the project team and may receive assistance in identifying and building that team.
OUR PURPOSE Applied to this position, your skills will help transform healthcare through technology and solutions that dramatically improve patient care and business operations.
CORE COMPETENCIES The following are highlighted entrepreneurial competencies and core expectations for the job/role: Team leadership
Communication and interpersonal skills
At HCA IT&S, your deliverables will influence patient care. Every process, technology and decision matters.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES • Associate Project Managers are accountable for one or more initiatives including business, operational, and IT deliverables.
• Directs small projects often involving cross-functional teams, multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners.
• Defines, plans, orchestrates, and delivers a given strategic initiative.
• Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit.
• Manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrix IT partners to oversee all SDLC phases of a project.
• Manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters.
• Validates financial forecasts and on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures.
• Develops communication plans and interfaces to execute on responsibilities.
• Leads a continuous risk management process to identify and assess risks while developing and managing mitigation measures to minimize exposure to projects and the business.
• Routinely briefs key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives.
• Represents the project in various project governance and inter-department forums.
• Facilitates key project meetings
• Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
• Publishes periodic project status reports.
• Proposes recommendations, adjustments and process improvements to achieve success.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
AREAS Knowledge of these areas: Project Management – Required
Microsoft Office product proficiency – Required
Healthcare – Preferred
Information Technology - Preferred
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE 1 or more years - Required
CERTIFICATIONS PMP – Preferred
Agile Project Management and Scrum certification - Preferred
CAPM - Preferred
EDUCATION College Graduate - Preferred
Other: 1 year of relevant experience in lieu of degree
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS • Ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders.
• Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively.
• Servant Leadership; a leader who considers the needs of the team over his/her own.
• Builds strong and positive relationships with the project team and key stakeholders.
• Good written and oral communication capability and presentation skills; persuasive, encouraging, motivating, and inspiring; the ability to listen and understand.
• Knowledge of influencing and negotiating skills.
• General business and technical acumen.
• Experience with stakeholder management.
• Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure.
• Proven ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete objectives.
• Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering projects.
• Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
• Knowledge of project management skills and practices.
• Knowledge in the use of project management and SDLC methodologies and tools.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
Sitting for extended periods of time.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Associate Project Manager
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Corporate Main Campus
Requisition ID: 10207-25944