HCA, Hospital Corporation of America BI Developer in Nashville, Tennessee
People. Performance. Possibilities. * These words describe the focus of our Human Resources Group here atHCA, a Fortune 100 company with over 200,000 employees in 20 states and the UK. Our HR team of over 1400 can provide a broad range of HR career paths within one organization. Come join our team to help support our mission/“Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.”/ *
As a BI Developer, you will be a key player on our HR analytics team. You will directly support the operational effectiveness of the HCA Human Resources Group through the conceptualization, development and deployment of Business Intelligence applications and analytics solutions. The BI Developer designs, enhances, maintains, and supports the HRG Reporting Environment, with a primary focus on building robust BI analytics solutions (e.g. Applications, Data Models, Dashboards, and Scorecards), performing database support and maintenance, and developing custom applications designed to enable a self-service reporting environment. This position plays a key role in ensuring that the information needed to make business decisions is efficient, actionable, trustworthy, and timely.
You will be responsible for some or all of the following under direction of the Director People Analytics:
- Utilize development tools such as Tableau, QlikView, Power BI, DMExpress, SQL, SSIS and SSRS, to build robust self-service reporting and BI solutions
- Perform database maintenance to optimize data utility
- Develop standard queries to define business metrics
- Write queries for advanced reporting requests and to improve automation of data requests
- Develop protocols, best practices, and design guides for BI tools
- Design, develop, optimize, maintain and support ETL processes using tools such as Microsoft SSMS Tools
- Understand and apply advanced principles of entity relationship model design, good data typing practices, index management, data management, and data security.
- Analyze, plan, develop, deploy, and manage BI infrastructure.
- Develop robust reporting to measure operational performance
- Troubleshoot and support various BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary
- Conduct routine analysis to identify trends, issues, and opportunities for improved performance
- Consult with HR leaders to provide reporting and BI solutions
- Work collaboratively with HRIS and vendors on stem requirements and enhancements
- Participate on project teams to identify and deploy appropriate solutions
- Maintain effective documentation on analytics and reporting solutions
- Perform complex Ad-Hoc reporting, upon request HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
*If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications and are actively interviewing so apply today. *
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You should have: * An Undergraduate degree * 3 years of similar experience * Strong SQL skills * Strong computer skills and technical capabilities to include all or some of the following: Microsoft Office and Lawson HRMS, SAP Business Objects, OBIEE, Tableau, Qlik, Power BI * Custom application development, preferably dashboards
Job: *HR & Payroll
Title: BI Developer
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-HCA HR Center of Excellence - Capital View
Requisition ID: 26560-4863