HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director Contracts in Nashville, Tennessee
/At HealthTrust we are committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management advisory solutions that leverage its operator experience, scale and innovation. We are headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, and serve over 1,500 hospitals and health systems, and more than 31,000 other member locations including ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, long-term care and alternate care sites./ / / /HealthTrust is part of the HCA family, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees and one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services. HCA operates over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life./
Job Summary As aContract Negotiatoryou will be responsible for negotiating industry leading national agreements for the group purchasing organization. Our objective is to ensure best in class industry pricing and contract terms and conditions for our membership. As a Contract Negotiator on theStrategic Sourcingteam you will:
- Translate objectives into project planning priorities, create and manage work plans and timelines for multiple projects.
- Use your knowledge of suppliers, products, and healthcare providers to develop strategies that create leverage, mitigate risk, and anticipate the direction of the market.
- Develop the contract strategy by formulating a clear vision that articulates steps to achieve the negotiation objectives.
- Oversee supplier relationships during the sourcing process.
- Participate in supplier business reviews and review new products as they arise.
- Collaborate with other departments within the organization such as clinical, legal, finance, account management and others. There are multiple levels of contract negotiators within HealthTrust. A high-level summary of experience for each position level is noted below and other factors such as level of supervisor oversight expected for job duties varies depending on position level. Please note, your experience and qualifications will be evaluated to determine the appropriate position level.
Position Level Category Experience Years of Experience Education Associate Contract Manager Mostly low spend, complexity, risk and sensitivity 1 Bachelor’s Degree preferred Contract Manager Mostly low spend, complexity, risk and sensitivity 1-3 Bachelor’s Degree preferred Senior Contract Manager Mostly low to medium spend, complexity, risk and sensitivity 3 Bachelor’s Degree required Contract Director Mostly medium to high spend, complexity, risk and sensitivity 5 Bachelor’s Degree required Senior Contract Director Mostly high to very high spend, complexity, risk and sensitivity 7 Bachelor’s Degree required; Graduate degree preferred
Education and Experience To be qualified for this role you must have experience in strategic sourcing and negotiating a variety of contracts, preferably in one of the following product and services category:Surgical, Nursing and/or Capital Equipment. Demonstrated success in managing equivalent or similar responsibilities is also required. Healthcare knowledge and experience is strongly preferred. * * This position requiresrelevant work experienceand education level as described/listed per respective position level. Relevant experience to include the following: * Strategic sourcing * Contract negotiation * Contract management * Supply chain operations
Benefitsof working at HealthTrust Our benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family. Benefits include 401k with a company match, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flex spending for both health and day care, life insurance, disability, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program.
We are anequal opportunity employerand we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Director Contracts
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Capitol View Bldg 1100
Requisition ID: 10250-2796