HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director, Strategic Sourcing- Food and Nutrition in Nashville, Tennessee
/HealthTrust (www.healthtrustpg.com) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management solutions that leverage its operator experience, scale and innovation. Members include over 1,500 hospitals and health systems, and more than 31,000 non-acute care sites./
Job Summary– Responsible for negotiating industry leading national agreements for the group purchasing organization in the Food and Nutrition products and services area for HealthTrust and CoreTrust. This position is expected to secure and expand industry leading financial value across multiple client specific engagements.The Director will update and advise management and clients on assigned contracting projects as part of client specific contracting. The Director will coordinate with various internal organizations including GPO operations; sales & marketing, legal and financial departments as well as member boards in performance of day to day duties.
Duties (included but not limited to):
* Ability to independently plan and execute project timelines for assigned categories in the Food & Nutrition space, with minimal oversight.
* Strong understanding of the Food & Nutrition space with an aptitude to learn the specific product categories assigned and how end-users interface with the products.
* Understanding of master food distribution suppliers, contracts, pricing structures and critical service elements is necessary. Further understanding of distribution processes, prime and regional programs and direct manufacturer contracting is needed. * Individual must know and be able to use knowledge about supplier to develop strategies, create leverage, mitigate risks, anticipate direction of the market and potential supplier direction in the Food and Nutrition space. * Develops the contract strategy, formulates a clear vision and articulates steps to achieve the negotiation objectives. * The individual must work closely with customer IDNs (clinicians, physicians, and high-level executives) to develop a strategy that aligns with customer needs/requirements, and meets objectives of the group-purchasing organization. The strategy must be presented and approved by HealthTrust senior leadership. * Thorough understanding and accountability for the sourcing process for their assigned portfolio. Including market research, bid preparation, RFI, Strategy Development & Validation, RFP, Contract Negotiations, and contract launch. * CAP category strategies and final awards must be presented and validated by customer-led Advisory Boards and a customer-led, executive-level Supply Chain Board. * Individual's board presentations must be well prepared, concise, and articulated clearly. Individual must consistently deliver a dynamic presentation that captures the audience's attention and delivered with enthusiasm/passion. Individual must be able to guide the audience to the desired end result. * Oversee supplier relationship during the sourcing process. Participate in supplier business reviews and review new products/technologies as they arise in assigned categories. * Build strong relationships with senior level supplier contacts.
* Build strong customer relationships through frequent interaction (all levels, including executive).
* Representing HealthTrust at small-to-medium sized industry events, or other organizational projects with Suppliers and Customers. * Facilitate conversations with internal functional team during project kick-off to gather feedback, opinions, and alignment of resource needs to meet contracting initiative timelines * Communication of bid process, negotiation status, agreement on terms, financial proposal concerns and other matters with supplier and internal team * Engaging customers through one-on-one conversations to articulate business strategy and resolve customer specific issues/concerns with contracting strategy or outcome. * Interfacing with key supply chain executives and end-users in a live environment presenting and/or gaining commitment (advisory boards and supply chain board). Capable of securing desired outcomes through persuasion and influence. * Collaboration required with functional teams throughout sourcing process. * Meet/exceed financial & operational goals in the annual contracting plan. * Maintain timely achievement of all assigned sourcing initiatives ensuring activities adhere to all established policies and procedures and standards of business conduct. * Resolve supplier and/or customer issues, as escalated by Portfolio Specialist. * Maintain strong customer relationships and build trust and respect by consistently meeting or exceeding customer expectations. Customers are internal and external. * Work with HealthTrust audit team to assist and facilitate engagement and finalization of audit projects. * Act as a champion for business process change, organizational change, and cultural change. May include leading process improvement or training initiatives.
Accredited College Bachelor’s degree required. Master's Degree preferred, in Business or related field. 7 years of experience in negotiation and management of contracts. Ideal candidate will have experience in strategic sourcing and negotiating a variety of contracts in the Food and Nutrition space. Experience with other commercial categories outside Food a plus.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Director, Strategic Sourcing- Food and Nutrition
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Capitol View Bldg 1100
Requisition ID: 10250-2219