HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Facility Supply Chain Tech in Nashville, Tennessee
Supply Chain Technician – Skyline Medical Center
Job Summary– The Supply Chain Technician is responsible for receiving, keying, and promptly distributing all supplies within the facility, as well as reviewing and maintaining all Min/Max levels for storeroom safety stock as well as all other stocking locations. The Supply Chain Technician is also responsible for conducting physical inventories of all POU areas according to the defined schedule.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Deliver supplies in an accurate and timely manner
- Authorized to transport and deliver legend drugs, non-prescription drugs, contrast media and drugcontaining devices relative to core competencies of the position
- Place safety stock in proper location
- Receive expedited deliveries, accurately key receiving into the SMART system, and deliver to appropriate department(s)
- Receive all crossdocked items into the SMART system as appropriate
- Review Min/Max for storeroom safety stock daily and place orders appropriately
- Count par level areas (POU areas) weekly according to schedule
- Ensure POU items have the appropriate barcodes
- Perform QA random checks on totes per approved policy
- Rotate stock in POU areas and backup storeroom areas to ensure no items are out of date
- Check after-hour logs for charges and determine how to avoid reoccurrence
- React appropriately to POU “critical point” messages and stock outs
- Process all “returns to vendor” or “returns to backup stock” appropriately
- Provide assistance to the POU Station personnel as well as provide assistance with problems, questions and concerns at the nurses stations
- Handle all emergency supply situations.
Education- High school diploma or GED is preferred
Experience - Previous stock clerk experience is preferred, Previous experience working in a hospital is a plus!
Enjoys working in a fast paced environment with the ability to meet the physical demands of the job as listed below.
Physical Demands - Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time; Requires ability to push and push, pull a variety of carts with up to 50 lbs, lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally. Must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, bend, stretch and reach frequently.
Work may be performed in an office, patient care areas, as well as, a stockroom/supply room environment. Work may be stressful at times. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Job: *Materials Management Supply Chain & Logistics
Title: Facility Supply Chain Tech
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Skyline Medical Center
Requisition ID: 07847-16606