HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Fire Door Technician in Nashville, Tennessee
Last year alone, our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a Fire Door Technician with HCA, you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Fire Door Technician like you to be a part of our team.
As a Fire Door Technician you will ensure regulatory compliance of all rated assemblies in accordance with NFPA 80 for all acute care facilities in the assigned HCA Healthcare market including but not limited to fire and smoke rated swinging doors, curtains, sliding doors, and fire/smoke dampers. As an inspector you will also be responsible for maintaining fire and smoke wall integrity by checking for penetrations or damage, and taking corrective actions. Generating and maintaining inspection documentation for all federal, state, and local AHJs will also be required. After-hours work may be required at various intervals to complete necessary repairs in high-risk areas like surgical sites or similar.
- Inspecting and maintain all fire and smoke rated assemblies and barriers in accordance with NFPA 80 including doors, dampers, chutes, and rated wall penetrations
- Maintaining accurate parts and supplies inventory necessary to perform on-site minor repairs and door adjustments
- Utilizing HCA Healthcare Engineering’s proprietary computerized maintenance management system to track door inventory, preventive maintenance, corrective work order, and time associated with aforementioned activities
Managing workload efficiently by scheduling and assigning preventive and corrective maintenance and tasks using HCA Healthcare’s CMMS
High school graduate or equivalent is required
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 3 years of experience in door inspection/repair maintenance is required
- 1 year of experience in acute care hospital setting is preferred
- 1 year of experience in automatic door maintenance is preferred
- 1 year of experience in locksmithing is preferred
- Valid drivers license without stipulations is required
- Clean driving record is required
- NFPA 80 Certification or equivalent fire door inspection certification is preferred
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Fire Door Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Facilities Mgmt Plant Ops & Security
Title: Fire Door Technician
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Corporate Main Campus
Requisition ID: 10201-32299