HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Information Protection Communications Specialist in Nashville, Tennessee
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
• Ranked 63 in Fortune 500 • Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase • Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009 • Named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” since 2010 • 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission’s list of top performers on key quality measures.
The Information Protection & Security Communications team educates and inspires our 250,000 workforce members to protect our Company and themselves and their families at home. As the Communication Specialist, you will be the professional who writes content to spread the Information Protection & Security gospel across the enterprise.
• Assist with communication projects designed to support Information Protection & Security initiatives and projects from conception to implementation.
• Write emails, flyers, and other content – both technical and non-technical – to educate workforce members across the enterprise through all available communication channels.
• Develop, document, and implement communication plans.
• Serve as a proofreader for entire department on all types of documentation.
• Plan and coordinate special events desired to promote Information Protection & Security.
• Write, edit, and oversee content on the departmental intranet site.
• Use current skills or develop skills to assist with video and training creation.
• Maintain knowledge of relevant concepts, tools, and industry trends by participating in appropriate educational opportunities.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.”
College graduate preferred.
1 years of communications or marketing experience. Prior experience or training in AP writing style is a plus.
Ready to jump in and help with any task; Open to learning new things; Friendly demeanor; Shows interest in all areas of Information Protection & Security /Communication/:
Strong writer; Knowledgeable editor; Listens to others; Hears the key message and breaks it down for basic understanding; Willing to ask questions /Mission Motivated:/
Understands weight of HCA’s mission toward the care and improvement of human life and sees how Information Protection & Security fits in that goal.
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Information Protection Communications Specialist
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Corporate Main Campus
Requisition ID: 10201-26655