HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant PRN in Nashville, Tennessee
_TriStar Centennial Medical Center – Nashville, TN_
Physical Therapist Assistant
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
The Inpatient Physical Therapist Assistant is responsible for providing services that help restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of patients with injuries or disease as directed by the Physical Therapist. The Inpatient Physical Therapist Assistant works closely with the Physical Therapist and patients to restore, maintain, and promote the patient’s overall fitness and health. The Inpatient Physical Therapist Assistant may also be required to make assessments and give input to the Physical Therapist to allow for a professional determination of the patient's ability to be independent and reintegrate into the community or workplace after injury or illness or determine the need for placement in a SNF/Rehab Unit. Finally they must be able to communicate changes in the patient’s condition to the Physical Therapist, appropriately document the treatments, its purpose, and the patient’s progress toward the established goals/outcomes.
Centennial Medical Centeris currently looking for aPhysical Therapist Assistant.
- Responsible for providing treatment as directed by the staff physical therapist.
- Ability to observe and evaluate treatment effect, discusses observations with staff therapist
- Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, while teaching them to live within their limits and capabilities
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of physical therapy modalities
- Formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching as appropriate
- Maintain performance improvement activities within department
- Meets current documentation standards and policies
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly (Maintaining department cleanliness and safety)
- Assists and participates in development and operation of new service areas
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff and administrative team.
- Maintains current licensure and registration with National and State licensing boards/guidelines
- Participates in developing department goals/objectives and employee engagement action planning.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars/professional development as requested by manager.
- Assists with new hire orientation, training, special events/projects
- Supports the facility’s Standards of Performance and ICARE values
Demonstrated experience with each of the required areas of expertise in section AAS in Physical Therapy and current Tennessee licensure Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with: Patients, staff, physicians and Third Party Payers AHA BLS certification required
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant PRN
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Centennial Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00001-68290