HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager, Contracts in Nashville, Tennessee
/HealthTrust (www.healthtrustpg.com) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management solutions that leverage our operator experience, scale and innovation. Members include approximately 1,600 acute care facilities and more than 26,000 non-acute care sites./
JOB SUMMARY – Responsible for negotiating industry leading national agreements for the group purchasing organization in the area of Nursing. Objective is to ensure best in class industry pricing and contract terms and conditions. Position's key area of focus will be sourcing initiatives that are primarily categories with low to medium spend, complexity, risk and sensitivity. Position may have some responsibility for other types of categories for the purposes of development and workload allocation. It is preferred that the individual possess knowledge or experience in principles and concepts related to sourcing and contract management. Individual may require time to build knowledge of the industry, organization, processes, suppliers and customers. Individual will follow standard practices and policies in analyzing situations and data and solve a range of straightforward problems.
DUTIES (included but not limited to):
* Ability to plan and execute project timelines for assigned categories, with guidance from manager.
* Demonstrated level of organizational ability and attention to detail
* Ability to translate objectives into project planning priorities, create and manage work plans and timelines for multiple projects and priorities, and finalize negotiations in the time-frame designated for the project
* Ability to be highly efficient and productive without sacrificing quality
* Understanding or aptitude to learn the product categories assigned and how end-users interface with the products.
* Understanding or demonstrated ability to learn in-depth aspects of portfolio: * Product features and benefits * Product comparisons between supplier offerings * Operational impact to provider * Interpretation and use of market information provided by global sourcing team * With guidance from manager, Individual must be able to use knowledge about supplier to executive strategies, create leverage, and mitigate risks.
* Some assigned categories are handled through a simplified acquisition process (SAP), where the strategy is primarily pre-determined. Other assigned categories are handled through a comprehensive acquisition process (CAP) that require strategy development. For these categories, the individual will develop the strategy with the guidance of their manager. Individual will seek guidance of manager for risk issues and agreed upon risk mitigation strategies. * Under general supervision, the individual is responsible for the sourcing process for their assigned portfolio. Including market research, bid preparation, RFI/RFP, contract negotiations, and contract launch. * CAP category strategies and final awards must be presented and validated by customer-led Advisory Boards and a customer-led, executive-level Supply Chain Board. * Individual's board presentations must be well prepared, concise, and articulated clearly. * Oversee supplier relationship during the sourcing process. Participate in supplier business reviews and review new products/technologies as they arise in assigned categories. * Build stable working relationships with customers with interaction primarily being through member advisory/supply chain board presentations. * Communications are primarily focused on effective and efficient communications with internal stakeholders and suppliers, with limited communication to customers. * Facilitate conversations with internal functional team during project kick-off to gather feedback, opinions, and alignment of resource needs to meet contracting initiative timelines * Communication of bid process, negotiation status, agreement on terms, financial proposal concerns and other matters with supplier and internal team * Collaboration required with functional team throughout sourcing process. * Meet/exceed financial & operational goals in the annual contracting plan. * Maintain timely achievement of all assigned sourcing initiatives ensuring activities adhere to all established policies and procedures and standards of business conduct. * Resolve supplier and/or customer issues, as escalated by Portfolio Specialist. * Maintain strong customer relationships and build trust and respect by consistently meeting or exceeding customer expectations. Customers are internal and external.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience preferred. Ideal candidate will have experience in strategic sourcing and negotiating a variety of contracts in the area of Nursing.
- Strategic sourcing
- Contract negotiation
- Contract management
- Supply chain operations
- Materials management / purchasing
- Contracting financial analysis
- Healthcare knowledge is a plus
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Manager, Contracts
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Capitol View Bldg 1100
Requisition ID: 10250-1934