HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager in Training in Nashville, Tennessee
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That’s why after more than a decade we remain dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry’s leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
We are a wholly owned subsidiary of HCA,a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees andone of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
Job Summary The individuals selected for the Manager Trainee Program will complete field training and classroom assignments preparing them to function competently as a Manager in Shared Service Center. Training will focus on enhancing participants’ management and technical skills. Field training will ensure participants are knowledgeable in all aspects of the business office functions and display competency in specialized aspects of the position such as registration, compliance, billing and collections. Participants will also complete training modules involving all departments of the SSC including, but not limited to: Patient Access, Billing, Collections, Pay or Analysis and Reimbursement, Insurance Verification, Appeals and Denials, and Customer Services.
* DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Program participants satisfactorily complete scheduled classroom training at a Parallon SSC organization.
- Participants satisfactorily completes field training assignments, within a hospital or practice and SSC setting, specifically designed to perfect management and technical skills within areas listed in the “Job Summary” section above.
- Participants provide a high quality resource of knowledge, skills and work experience to facilities during course of training and fieldwork.
- Conducts self in a professional, ethical and compassionate manner with all individuals and co-workers.
- Determines trends in operational performance and identifies process improvement opportunities including but not limited to up-front collections, reduction in insurance denial trends and reduced percentage of error.
- Demonstrates high level of proficiency and knowledge in front office and back office functions and responsibilities.
- During the program, participants may serve as interim manager within various facilities and/or functions to further enhance their management and technical skills.
- Satisfactorily completes special projects as assigned.
Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
BS or BA degree required; Accounting, Business, Finance Healthcare Administration & Hospitality degrees are a plus.
- MBA or MHA degree preferred.
- Experience in healthcare, healthcare management or finance is preferred.
- Minimum 6 months experience of proven or demonstrated leadership, management or supervisory is required.
Benefits of working at Parallon Our benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family. Benefits include 401k with a company match, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flex spending for both health and day care, life insurance, disability, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Manager in Training
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-PAS - Nashville
Requisition ID: 08591-170449