HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager ServiceNow in Nashville, Tennessee
WHY HCA? At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
Additional Facts: • Ranked 63 in Fortune 500 • Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase • Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT annually since 2009 • Named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” annually since 2010 • 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission’s list of top performers on key quality measures.
JOB SUMMARY The ServiceNow leader is charged with the overall accountability of the ServiceNow platform; providing leadership, knowledge and oversight to the ServiceNow team. Ensures team alignment to best practices, business strategy and the ServiceNow roadmap. The ServiceNow leader is actively involved in the overarching platform governance, responsible to make platform decisions in alignment with ITIL best practices, business strategy and governance. Leads the ServiceNow team in planning, management and delivery for new functionality and ServiceNow releases.
The ServiceNow Leader possesses a sound foundational knowledge of the ServiceNow platform, a detailed understanding of the business users represented, and the ability to describe business and user requirements. Enables system administrators and ServiceNow developers to estimate relative effort, and deliver business functionality.
The ideal candidate will have thorough understanding of Incident Management, Change Management, Problem, Asset Management, CMDB Management, Service Catalog, HR, ITOM, PPM and Contract Management modules.
As new external technologies and workflows emerge and impact the ServiceNow platform, the leader is expected to have an early adopter mentality to advance the PTS and Client strategy.
This position requires strong people management skills, personal drive, and the ability to see strategy through to execution in a matrix reporting environment.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES Supervises – A team ranging from 5 to 15 team members who are responsible for providing application management, business analysis and implementation of the ServiceNow platform.
Key Interactions – Leadership, Clients, Staff, Vendors, Partners
Duties - Included but are not limited to: • Meets with internal and external client leadership teams, as needed, to align strategy, services, and delivery activities.
• Builds and maintains relationships with business operations, Clients, PTS leaders, IT&S, Industry Groups and ServiceNow.
• Responsible for personnel management, performance reviews, competency development, training, and coaching of staff.
• Articulates the vision and business value of building, supporting, and developing the ServiceNow platform.
• Leads team and contributes in execution for alignment to the business strategy, roadmap, and platform governance policies.
• Organizes, plans, assigns, and monitors completion of services and measures based on delivery and financial success.
• Active participant in external business development opportunities.
• Establishes project timelines and ensures team resources complete projects on schedule
• Assists the director in the development of the budget and develops financial forecasts for internal stakeholders.
• Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
• Works with enterprise subject matter experts and stakeholders in enhancing the platform to better support PTS clients and PTS staff.
• Creates an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolutions, cross-training, and process improvement within the area and across organizational boundaries.
• Tracks and communicates project status, serves as escalation to resolve obstacles and works to deliver project work on schedule and budget.
• Identifies, executes and regularly monitors key performance indicators to assess effectiveness.
• Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
• Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities • Excellent relationship management skills
• Excellent verbal and written and communication skills
• Demonstrated success in leading a team of professionals (including software developers, certified technicians and /or tenured healthcare business professionals)
• Demonstrated proficiency in client facing communication and problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
• Solid understanding of appropriate ServiceNow workflows, commercially available technology, relational database concepts, and package system implementations.
• Deep understanding of ServiceNow development, MSP Offering and administrative toolsets.
• Experience in AJAX, JSON, HTML, XML, CSS, SOAP, REST and associated frameworks.
• Experience with open source technologies like Linux, Apache/Tomcat and MySQL.
• Mature understanding of application product development life cycle, integration processes and workflow.
• Demonstrated customer orientation and satisfaction.
• Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and retain staff.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE 5 or more years
MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE 3 or more years
EDUCATION Bachelor’s Degree - Preferred
OTHER/SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS • ServiceNow certifications, Development tool certifications, ITIL, HDI, PMP are considered a plus
• Experience with consulting firms or managed service providers a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS • Prolonged sitting, ability to lift 50 lbs and travel amongst corporate and client locations may be required up to 25% of the ti
Title: Manager ServiceNow
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Corporate Metroplex
Requisition ID: 10207-26566