HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pediatric Transport Nurse - PRN in Nashville, Tennessee
_TriStar Centennial Medical Center – Nashville, TN_ _ _ * Registered Nurse (RN) - *_Pediatric Transport Team_ _ _ _PRN_ _ _ Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
The Children's Hospital @ TriStar Centennial: - 24/7 Board Certified Pediatric Intensivist & Emergency Physician Support in a dedicated PICU & Pediatric ER - Child Life Specialist support - Other services include dedicated Level 3 Neonatal ICU, Pediatric Medical/Surgical & Oncology Units, Kids Express, Neurodiagnostic, Interventional Radiology, Sleep Medicine, Cardiology Diagnostics and Surgical Services
General Essential Functions:
This position is working equally inside the facility as well as outside the facility.
- Stabilization and care during transport of ill or injured pediatric patients.
- Perform and document complex assessments, interventions and evaluations on any transport patient.
- Prioritizes problems.
- Maintains advanced skill requirements by performing and documenting the minimum requirements listed in the annual competency assessment.
- Contributes to the education of self and others by completing the education requirements, as assigned:
- Provides respiratory support of transport patients, including the determination of oxygen requirements, the use of aerosol medications, and the need for ventilator assistance.
- Independently initiates PALS emergency guidelines as determined by patient condition.
- Attend to the psychosocial aspects of the patient and family.
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
- Direct or supervise less-skilled nursing or healthcare personnel or supervise a particular unit.
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Instruct individuals, families, or other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention, or childbirth and develop health improvement programs.
- Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments.
- Prepare education patient on discharge instructions.
- Setup / monitor / titrate IV drips including sedation, neuromuscular blockade, and vasopressors.
- Setup / monitor invasive monitoring systems including arterial and central lines, and ICP monitoring systems.
- Supports the facility’s Standards of Performance and ICARE values.
• Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing • 1 year of Pediatric experience required • Pediatric ER, PICU or Transport experience preferred • RN license • PALS, BLS required. CCRN, ENPC preferred • Successful completion of an individualized Transport Team orientation with all transports reviewed for first 3 months.
ARMY MOS - 66W or 66N Air Force AFSC - 46NX and 46FX
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Pediatric Transport Nurse - PRN
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Centennial Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00001-65638