HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Senior Analytics Engineer in Nashville, Tennessee
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
Additional Facts: • Ranked 63 in Fortune 500 • Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase • Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT annually since 2009 • Named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” annually since 2010 • 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission’s list of top performers on key quality measures.
The Senior Data Analytics Engineer is a part of the IT&S organization of HCA. This technically analytical focused position with the Data & Analytics team is responsible for the interpretation and understanding of information. This individual will leverage existing reports and analytics to analyze business problems, and processes to harness business intelligence knowledge to improve data integration and BI solutions across the enterprise.
This goal will be achieved by working with cross-functional business teams and utilizing Power BI, Microstrategy, or other BI tools. The Sr. Data Analyst is responsible for actively participating in the analysis of multiple aspects of the solution lifecycle from requirements to data analysis, report analysis, and understanding of business processes.
The Sr Analytics Engineer will collaborate with Business Analysts, Product Analysts, Data Scientists, Reporting team and Manager, provide input regarding analysis to inform ETL and BI, as well as support and develop subject matter knowledge for reporting. The Sr. Analytics Engineer will ensure a standardized and consistent approach relating to data analysis documentation and implementation of Data Governance, and Analytics.
• Experience in data acquisition, data cleansing and parsing required • Specific expertise/experience in data analysis, modeling and visualization required • Participates in analysis of multiple aspects of the BI lifecycle from requirements to data analysis, report analysis, and understanding of business processes. • Assists in analysis of BI Reporting architecture and report creation, analysis of guided analytics, and other BI solutions. • Produces BI solution designs that will meet business requirements in a manner consistent with Company and industry standards. • Ensures a standardized and consistent approach relating to BI participation and implementation of Data Governance, Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics. • With direction and supervision acts as subject matter specialist to assist development of the appropriate strategies, plans, tools and approaches to ensure successful implementation of BI reports, dashboards and scorecards. • Works to think analytically and critically to take ownership of reporting standardization and automating efforts. • Presents data formally and informally and facilitate discussion regarding data outputs • Participates in multi-disciplinary teams to use data in improving usage and operational workflow. • Provides moderate analysis and ad hoc operational reports as requested by Group, Division, and Corporate leaders. • Identifies reporting needs to support usage goals throughout the Facility, Division, and Group levels of HCA. • With direction and supervision provides in depth “what if” analysis of data using available tools.
• Develop professionally to take a lead in one or more of the activities listed above and show willingness to provide hands-on leadership for development projects. • Learn the importance of different aspects of Sarah Cannon’s health care operations and demonstrate that understanding. • Utilize internal and external training opportunities to train on Business Intelligence tools and database platforms such as Business Objects, Microstrategy, Tableau Desktop, SQL Server, Oracle 10g, Teradata, and etc... • Grow professionally to assume greater responsibilities for the activities listed above and demonstrate hands-on technical capability for development projects.
Relationship and Team Building:
• Work independently with general supervision and guides colleagues with less experience. • Practice and adhere to HCA’s “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”. • Work independently with general supervision and guides colleagues with less experience. • Actively mentor other teams to learn technical skills and integrate solutions where additional data and subject expertise is required. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Practice and adhere to HCA’s “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”. • Work independently with general supervision and guides colleagues with less experience. • Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
3 years data/process/ analysis experience preferred. 2 years healthcare experience preferred • Healthcare operations and clinical process workflow experience preferred. • Demonstrated SQL experience. • Micro Strategy or Tableau experience preferred and certification required within 18 months of employment.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Senior Analytics Engineer
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Corporate Sarah Cannon
Requisition ID: 10207-25580