HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Senior Business Analyst Data Solutions Specialist in Nashville, Tennessee
WHY HCA? At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
/ Additional Facts:/
• Ranked 63 in Fortune 500 • Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase • Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT annually since 2009 • Named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” annually since 2010 • 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission’s list of top performers on key quality measures.
The Senior Product Analyst is focused on providing subject matter expertise on Data Integration, Analysis, Design, and Requirements building. Collaborating with project teams and business partners to meet IT&S project objectives. This position will have responsibility for Business Reporting Analysis, Data Analytics Analysis, Design and Requirements responsibilities in developing and documenting reports, datasets, data cubes and fact tables. This position will provide support to other analysts and technical teams to ensure successful delivery of the product initiatives according to HCA IT&S objectives.
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to establish effective working relationships and manage multiple priorities. This includes discussions and collaborating with other project team members to design functional product details and changes, identify and escalate project issues, and ultimately ensure product requirements are met.
The candidate will provide hands-on expertise in BI Tools by taking responsibilities to work with operators in creating a vision/guidance that would then produce the development of reports/dashboards and supporting documentation. The candidate will need to have the ability to work independently, frequently communicating with project team members, support resources, other supporting external vendors, and end users. This position requires a strong working knowledge in SQL report writing and BI tools experience and ETL Data Mapping.
The ideal candidate for this position has an IT Data Analytics background with well-developed communication skills. Technology expertise in SQL, Cloudera, Teradata, and BI Tools like Microstrategy, PowerBI are a plus.
• Lead the design, build, requirements efforts in working directly with Senior Leaders in healthcare service lines • Lead the creation of standardized reports, dashboards for the enterprise • Working with Analytic toolsets such as SQL, Cloudera, Teradata, and BI Tools • Work closely with each service line lead to ensure reports usage optimization • Work with Data Management team at HCA to provide assistance and guidance in building out queries and data tables, data cubes • Ability to multi task, given various task assignments, assisting management in prioritization of tasks • Take ownership of responsibilities, working individually or with teams to accomplish goals • Works with all departments throughout the product delivery cycle to ensure project dates are met and ensure timely completion of Product Analyst deliverables • Perform other duties as assigned. • Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:/
• Professional demeanor and positive attitude; customer service orientation. • Excellent communication and inter-personal skills. • Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies, methods, and processes. • Working knowledge of scrum and agile project delivery methodologies.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 4 – 7 years. Experience on increasingly challenging projects in business with a proven delivery track record. • Demonstrated advance subject matter experience of a service line application • A background working with a fast paced, results oriented environment. • Some travel required but generally less than 25%
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Senior Business Analyst Data Solutions Specialist
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Corporate Sarah Cannon
Requisition ID: 10207-24390