HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Strategy Analyst in Nashville, Tennessee
WHY HCA? At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
Additional Facts: • Ranked 63 in Fortune 500 • Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase • Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT annually since 2009 • Named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” annually since 2010 • 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission’s list of top performers on key quality measures.
JOB SUMMARY With the increasing pace of both technology and healthcare change it is mandatory that the HCA organization develops and maintains well-defined, far-reaching, forward-looking, and aligned technology and business strategies. The Strategy Analyst will be responsible for assisting in the development, illustration, and socialization of these strategies along with providing general support for the Directors of Strategy.
This Analyst will assist in market research related to industry trends and will be the primary resource responsible for developing deliverables critical to the communication and presentation of leading ideation. S/he will be responsible for gathering both internal and external data through interviews with key stakeholders and will participate in the development of strategic insights that will leverage and grow business and IT&S capabilities. This position will report to a Director of Strategy.
The ideal candidate will be a driven and inquisitive self-starter with strong communication skills and an interest in strategic planning and ideation.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES Specifically, the Strategy Analyst is responsible for: • Maintaining deep knowledge of current economic, demographic, social-cultural, technological and political trends impacting the healthcare market
• Conducting data-rich analysis on leading industry trends (e.g., payment reform, care coordination, telehealth, precision medicine, mobility, etc.)
• Participating alongside the Directors of Strategy in key ideation sessions with executive leadership
• Assisting in the development and illustration of strategically relevant deliverables (e.g., white papers, roadmaps, capability diagrams, operating models, etc.)
• Exhibiting thought-leadership as it relates to identifying opportunities for HCA/IT&S adoption of industry trends
• Maintaining knowledge repositories and ensuring up-to-date documentation is available to key constituents
• Building and maintaining relationships with vendors and key business sponsors
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE 3 or more years
EDUCATION Bachelor’s Degree - Required
OTHER / SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS • Must have excellent written and illustrative abilities to communicate complex concepts
• Demonstrated analytical skills and desire to problem solve
• Demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of applications
• Demonstrated interest in consulting, corporate strategy, economics, organizational development and/or health sector management
• Must exhibit a strong attention to detail coupled with an ability to multi-task
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS • Prolonged sitting, viewing a computer screen and typing on a computer keyboard
• May require travel
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Strategy Analyst
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Corporate Main Campus
Requisition ID: 10207-26041