HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Study Activation Specialist in Nashville, Tennessee
*Sarah Cannon *is the research arm of HCA’s global cancer enterprise. Focused on advancing therapies for patients, it is one of the world’s leading clinical research organizations conducting community-based clinical trials in oncology, cardiology and orthopedics through affiliations with a network of more than 1,000 physicians across the United States and United Kingdom.
We believe our success is dependent on a healthy work environment where staff members are the core of advancing therapies for patients and accelerating drug development. We apply the same compassion and commitment we have for our patients to our co-workers and colleagues and promote an entrepreneurial culture.
Benefits: We offer you a generous compensation package including: paid time off, 401k, medical, dental vision and life insurance
__ _Summary of Key Responsibilities:_You are responsible for managing the startup activities of clinical trials proposed to and/or entering into the SCRI Strategic Sites’ clinical research program menus. Responsible for maintaining relationships and facilitating progress across multiple groups including but not limited to internal SCRI departments, Strategic Sites physicians and staff, Contract Research Organizations, and Pharmaceutical Companies. Serves as the primary responsible party and point of contact during clinical research trial feasibility, planning, and implementation stages up until the point of site activation.
_Duties and Responsibilities:_
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Develop relationships with sponsors and contract research organizations (CROs), which provide potential studies
* Maintain a database of potential pharmaceutical and CRO relationships
* Market SCRI services and capabilities to pharmaceutical companies, CROs and within industry network
* Develop and maintain strong industry ties, utilizing both the network and the Internet, in order to acquire new studies
* Provide information and updates on any current studies in the start up process at all Sponsor meetings
* Follow up with correspondence to new leads
* Track all site metrics relating to the study start up process for each Strategic Site
* Track and report statistics on Strategic Site accrual and overall performance history
* Coordinate and lead Protocol Review Committee Meeting; Updates and distributes Protocol Review meeting agenda and reports
* Coordinate and lead individual Strategic Site Operation Meetings; Updates and distributes reports for Strategic Site Operation Meetings
* Maintain and update all Site Profiles * Create and update all Strategic Site pages on, including uploading study documents and creating study folders within Strategic Site pages * Intercede as needed to facilitate Site to Sponsor communication during pre-study phase * Develop and maintain excellent relationships with research staff, physicians, and other departments within Clinical Operations * Attend tumor program meetings with Principal Investigators. Provides updates on study status during meetings * Maintain updated Site List and Contact Information. Distributes updated list to corporate staff * Ensure all CDAs, Questionnaires, and Pre-study Site Visit Follow-up Forms are accurately tracked for completion * Create, update, and distribute Key Studies Reports bi-weekly within the company * Create, update, and distribute Clinical Trial Reviews monthly for specified Strategic Sites * Monitor specific progress and industry trends relevant to SCRI Research Operations and participates in educational activities and programs as directed by SCRI Principal Investigators or other senior management
o Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry, regulatory processes, clinical trials and medical terminology
o Professional writing and communication skills
o Organizational and prioritizing capabilities
o Computer skills (Word, Excel, Publisher, Microsoft Outlook)
o Available for occasional travel
o Resourceful with analytical abilities o Problem solving skills in a fast-paced environment o Interpersonal skills o Detail-oriented and meticulous
_Education:_ High School Diploma required; Bachelor Degree preferred
_Experience:_ • Customer Service in a Client Facing Role • Experience in healthcare or marketing
We are excited to speak with you about this phenomenal opportunity. Apply to hear more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Study Activation Specialist
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Sarah Cannon Clinical Operations
Requisition ID: 03058-5491