Hilton Conference and Banquet Operations Coordinator in Natal, South Africa
A Conference and Banquet Operations Coordinator is responsible for coordinating set-ups and seating as well as managing queries to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while contributing to meeting departmental targets.
What will I be doing?
As a Conference and Banquet Operations Coordinator, you are responsible for coordinating set-ups and seating as well as managing queries to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Conference and Banquet Operations Coordinator will also be required to contribute to reaching departmental targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner
- Coordinate seating for customers
- Up-sell with latest departmental incentives
- Manage Conference and Banquet set-ups
- Ensure guests are billed accurately
- Follow cash handling procedures
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Strive to achieve departmental targets as part of the team
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Comply with local licensing laws
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Conference and Banquet Operations Coordinator serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Food and Beverage and/or industry experience
- Experience with cash handling
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene Regulations
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Convention and Event Services
Title: Conference and Banquet Operations Coordinator
Requisition ID: HOT04YVQ