Frontier Communications Customer Service & Sales Consultant in NEW HAVEN, Connecticut
CALLING ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE PROFESSIONALS!
If you’re looking to join a fast paced and fun environment look no further.
We’re looking for amazing retention & sales driven individuals to join our in-bound call center! You’ll provide smart solutions for our customer’s needs.
We offer a competitive base salary PLUS Commission!
Sales Consultant (CT-157)
*Department/Bureau Select: *B
Residency Description: 28 Months
Salary Grade: *LI *Min: *$1813.82 *Max: $2818.80 Effective Date: 4/14/2018
- These wages reflect a combination of base and incentive compensation.
- Actual wages will vary depending on sales & performance.
*Spec Date: *9/7/2005
*Job Family: *Business Communications Sales, Consumer Markets
Location Information: New Haven, CT *I. General Duties:*
Duties general include but are not limited to the following:
The Sales Consultant is the primary interface for sales and service for Consumer and Business customers. The Sales Consultant provides customers with total telecommunications needs, including but not limited to, wireline, high speed internet, data and video products and services, in an efficient, timely and courteous manner. This includes contacts handled in person, by telephone, visits, by correspondence, and other emerging media, during which all necessary information is gathered, assessed and acted upon.
Duties generally include but are not limited to the following:
- Sells by telephone to customers in the Consumer and Business Markets by handling telephone and, in some cases.
- Considers and evaluates each account and makes sales attempts on all incoming and outgoing customer contacts using approved sales techniques to sell products and services and close the sale.
- Determines customer requirements from among many service offerings.
- Presents sales recommendations to customer including but not limited to wireline, high speed internet and video products and services.
- Responsible for attaining individual and group sales objectives.
- Meets or exceeds other department-established targets, including but not limited to adherence to schedule, customer satisfaction metrics, and obtaining account authorization and CPNI permissions.
- Accesses multiple databases, retrieves and interprets information and inputs customer information in the computer while speaking with customers.
- Negotiates and prepares service order requests from existing and new customers for installation, removal or changes of products and services.
- Accurately computes and quotes rates, adjustments and balances to customers.
- Works to meet service goals and deadlines designed to promptly handle customers’ and Frontier’s needs.
- Coordinates service arrangements/agreements with other departments.
- Corrects billing and service errors.
- Handles discussions with customers involving company matters such as policy and regulatory conformance.
- Obtains, assesses and establishes customer credit information.
- Investigates customer complaints of annoyance calls. Explains legal requirements to the customer and schedules necessary equipment to identify the caller.
- May trouble shoot on accounts to determine what actions are necessary to correct customer problems and follows-up to ensure customer complete satisfaction.
- Prepares self-composed letters to customers. May perform substantial amount of clerical work necessary to carry out agreements with customers. Maintains basic files, which include records of customers’ equipment, bills and credit information.
- Aids physically challenged customers in their need for telecommunications.
- Positions Frontier as the premier provider of choice.
- Performs all other duties comparable to the above as assigned.
- Follows established safety practices and procedures.
II. Basic Qualifications:**
- Preferred: 1-2 years of sales experience in a call center environment with proven results.
- Customer Service Assessment CSA
Physical Requirements (average):
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time (7-8 hours per day)
- Typing (7-8 hours per day)
- Answering phone calls – Talking to customers while utilizing a headset (7-8 hours per day)
- Writing (1 hour per day)
Performance/Attendance: (Applicable to all transfers):
- Satisfactory performance rating in present job.
Satisfactory attendance record in present job. Specifics:
Hours: Business and Consumer for employees hired on or after January 1, 2002: The normal tour of duty shall be eight (8) hours per day, with a scheduled lunch break of not less than one-half (1/2) hour, nor more than one (1) hour. The basic work week for these employees will be forty (40) hours, which will generally be divided into five (5) tours, including holiday tours, on any five (5) days of the week. Business - for employees hired prior to January 1, 2002: The normal tour of duty shall be eight (8) hours per day, with a scheduled lunch break of not less than one-half (1/2) hour, nor more than one (1) hour between the hours of 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M., but not exceeding a total of eight (8) hours per day, or five (5) days per week. Consumer — for employees hired prior to January 1, 2002: The normal tour of duty shall be eight (8) hours per day, with a scheduled lunch break of not less than one-half (1/2) hour, nor more than one (1) hour between the hours of 7:00 A.M. and 9:00 P.M. Monday through Friday and between the hours of 7:00 A.M. and 7:00 P.M. on Saturday and Sunday not to exceed a total of forty (40) hours work.
- Overtime — frequency and duration depend upon workload requirements.
- Monitoring - The Company may periodically monitor telephone contacts with customers or other contacts with customers involving the transaction of Company business.
- Wages — Compensation is paid under a leveraged compensation plan consisting of base pay and incentive pay.
III. Additional Factors:
Satisfactory job related performance in the following:
1. Work Experience:
- Accounts Legal Clerk
- Service Order Clerk
- Service Representative
- Customer Clerk
- Service Representative - Business (3355)
- Service Representative-CMC
- Customer Specialist
- Sales Associate
- Service Order Reviewer
- Service Order Specialist
- Service Representative
- Service Representative
- Service Representative-NSC
- Service Representative-OCC
- Service Representative-Public Communications Services
- Service Representative-Residence
- Service Representative-Systems
- Uncollectible Accounts Legal Assistant
- Service Representative - Woodbury
- Associate-Customer Service Specialist
- High School degree or equivalent
- Formal instruction of approximately six (6) to eight (8) weeks.
- On the job instruction as required.
- Job Location NEW HAVEN, Connecticut, United States
- Position TypeFull-Time/Regular
- This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties or requirements.
- Size of office and work group varies depending upon location.
- Confined to own desk but moves about to obtain records and other clerical material.
- Performs work to meet daily service goals and deadlines designed to measure quality of customer service.
Job Location NEW HAVEN, Connecticut, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.