Northwell Health DIC Support Associate in New Hyde Park, New York
Req Number 001ZUF
Job Category Medical Clerical/Secretarial
The DIC Support Associate provides support to technical staff in activities related to diagnostic imaging. Provides customer service to patients that is sensitive to diverse cultural needs and empathetic in stressful situations.
- Reviews scheduled appointments to determine needed information and supplies.
· Obtains various pre-appointment patient records / test results, as required.
· Obtains and sets-ups supplies and equipment in advance.
Escorts patient to and from examination and/or procedure areas.
Validates patient’s identity using qualifying information per department procedure.
Screens patients to ensure physical and safety requirements for specific procedure/testing are met.
Ensures procedural consent forms have been obtained, as required.
Enters various patient data into department computer system, as required.
Explains procedure/test in easy-to-understand terms to relieve any patient anxiety.
Responds to and resolves patient questions and issues, as needed.
Prepares and positions patient for procedure according to department policy.
Recognizes and promptly reports patient motor abnormalities (i.e. fainting, discoloration, contrast reactions, etc.) to clinical team member.
Reviews stock levels and maintains supply inventory in assigned area.
May maintain medical records. Logs procedures/tests performed, as required.
Performs related duties, as required
· High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
· Previous customer service experience, required.
· Ability to enter data into computer applications, required.
· Medical terminology knowledge, preferred.