Northwell Health Educator, Emergency Medical Institute in New Hyde Park, New York
Req Number 001RXF
Job Category Clinical Professionals
Collaborates with leadership to plan, coordinate, and present educational programs within Northwell Health and prehospital health care professionals. Facilitates interprofessional education using simulation and other educational modalities. Operational and educational responsibilities shall extend to all professional disciplines represented in Northwell Health, including the Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine.
Plans, implements, and evaluates programs and simulation curriculum content and sequence across all disciplines.
Coordinates, develops, conducts and evaluates programs to meet educational needs of Northwell Health.
Coordinates new clinical education programs, ensuring applicable New York State recertification requirements are met.
Collaborates with clinical leadership teams and Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine faculty to provide sound evidenced-based simulation/educational experiences for medical students and Health System staff.
Documents course outcomes and report's findings:
• Demonstrates program effectiveness and satisfaction.
• Identifies and proposes program modifications, as needed.
- Conducts literature searches, analyzes and summarizes relevant material
• Maintains simulation reference library.
• Participates in internal and external research activities.
• Complies and displays educational material and supportive documents to enhance teaching sessions.
• Maintains current in simulation standards and techniques, as appropriate.
Assists in operation of the Center for Learning and Innovation including preparing, programming, testing and running simulator scenarios with faculty instructors.
Maintains proficiency in simulation and educational technologies.
Develops, coordinates and communicates developing and existing programs, as assigned.
Collaborates with and maintains professional liaison with internal and external groups.
Performs related duties as required.
• High School degree or equivalent, required.
• Minimum of three (3) years patient care experience, required. Five (5) years patient care experience, preferred.