Farmers Insurance Litigation Paralegal - Limited Term Employment in New Orleans, Louisiana
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Assists the attorneys in answering interrogatories and preparing motions, complaints, briefs and other legal documents; and performs all types of legal support work assigned research as permitted by the rules of the State Bar.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists attorneys in answering interrogatories; interviews clients and reduces answers to writing; reviews work with attorneys and prepares answers in final form.
- Obtains, reviews and summarizes medical records at the direction of trial attorneys and has them reviewed by experts as necessary; and arranges for medical examinations.
- Assists attorneys in preparing motions, and researches legal points in connection therewith.
- Assists attorneys in interviewing witnesses preparatory to and during trials as necessary.
- Assists attorneys in preparing documents and evidence for trial.
Performs other functions as assigned.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 20 lbs. Maximum, seeing, and speaking.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
Four-year college degree and the completion of an accredited paralegal program, or the completion of at least one year of law school.
One year as a paralegal or one year claims experience.
Special Skill Requirement
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Legal & Compliance
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Litigation Paralegal - Limited Term Employment
Location: Louisiana-New Orleans
Requisition ID: 180002H6