HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse RN Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant - NIGHTS - RELOCATION AND SIGN ON OFFERED in New Orleans, Louisiana
We are looking for_Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurse_to join our Team at Tulane! Apply today!
*We are currently offering a $5,000 Sign On Bonus and a $5,000 Relocation Bonus to eligible RNs! *
TheHematology/Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurseis a professional nurse who assumes responsibility and accountability for the delivery and management of patient care. S/he utilizes the nursing process, the healthcare environment, and current technology to provide a climate which optimizes patient care and staff development.
_About the Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant Unit_ _ _
*Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant *is an acute care unit that provides care for adult and geriatric medical oncology, hematologic-oncology, and pre-/post-autologous blood and marrow transplantations patients. The Emergency Department, PACU, Physicians' Offices, Critical Care Units and Patient Registration are all entry points for patients admitted.
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management, including investigational protocols
- Management of patients with radiation implants
- Transfusion of blood, platelets and fresh frozen plasma
- Management of central venous access devices
- Management of spinal drains
- Bone marrow biopsy and aspiration.
- Thoracentesis and paracentesis
- Epidural and intrathecal analgesia
- Management of toxicities r/t chemotherapy/biotherapy/radiation therapy
- Management of neutropenia/ thrombocytopenia/ anemia
- Antibiotic/Medication therapies
- Pain Management
- Autologous Blood and Marrow Transplant
- Bone marrow harvest recovery
- Telemetry monitoring _Sarah Cannon at Tulane Medical Center_is determined to make a difference in our patients' lives. As a member of Sarah Cannon, we are a part of a network that has conducted community-based clinical trials for more than 20 years and has administered more than 225 first-in-man clinical trials to date. Sarah Cannon Research Institute has been a clinical trial leader in more than 2/3 of approved cancer therapies over the last 10 years and partners with hundreds of cancer experts engaged in clinical research across the United States and United Kingdom.
_About Tulane Medical Center_ _ _ From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way.
At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing.
_Our Mission_ _ _ Our Mission is to provide world-class patient care, education, and research. Learn more in the link below! https://youtu.be/ftUW-AFRSgI* **Licensure/Certification/Registration:*Current Louisiana Licensure as a Registered Nurse, ACLS Certification required within 1 year of employment for assignment on Adult Critical Care Units, Emergency department and Post Anesthesia Care Unit. PALS Certification required within 1 year of employment for assignment in PICU or within 18 mos. of employment for unit-specific standard. Current CPR certification.** *Education: *Graduate of an accredited school preparing Registered Nurses. ** *Experience:*One year in area of practice highly preferred by not required.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse RN Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant - NIGHTS - RELOCATION AND SIGN ON OFFERED
Location: Louisiana-New Orleans-Tulane Medical Center
Requisition ID: 02560-14818