HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Educator - Full-time - M-F Days in New Orleans, Louisiana
From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way. At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job. We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing. As a member of the Tulane Medical Center (TMC) family, you can be assured of: * A safe place to work. * Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties. * Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility. * A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings. * Fair and understandable compensation and benefits.Position Summary: Responsible for implementing educational programs for RNs working at TUHC in the areas of orientation, transition, competence, compliance and development. Accountable for financial performance and service quality within the overall guidelines set by the Department Director. Provides direct supervision, coaching and mentoring to professional personnel within the department. Supports the professional practice model, standards of nursing practice and the legal and industry standards related to the education of nurses. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Position Requirements: */(Minimum qualifications for the position)/*
- Licensure/Certification/Registration:Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; current Louisiana RN license required. Current BLS, ACLS, PALS Provider and Instructor certification required
- Education: BSN required,*Masters degree preferred.
- Experience: At least 5 yrs nursing experience. Demonstrated experience in healthcare management; demonstrated experience in educational program development and implementation
- Special qualifications:Strongly recommended related to occupational field-healthcare and education. Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period.
- Hours of work:As required.
Job: *Education Training & Professional Development
Title: RN Educator - Full-time - M-F Days
Location: Louisiana-New Orleans-Tulane Medical Center
Requisition ID: 02560-14235