Hilton Spirits Beverage Porter (Part-Time) in New Orleans, Louisiana
Responsible for the initial preparation and servicing of all permanent and portable bars operating within the hotel.
What will I be doing?
- Retrieves orders from storeroom. Visually checks stock received against written requisitionwith storeroom personnel, to ensure order is accurate. Upon delivery to the bar, re-checkitems with bartender for completeness. Saves empty liquor bottles as they accumulate forlater returns and requisitions. Assist Beverage Servers and Bartenders on running food toour guest. Assist Beverage Servers on cleaning and Bussing Beverage Servers tables.
- Cuts, slices and peels perishable garnishes and fruits, mixes and pours juices in sufficientamounts according to projected business. Stores back-up supplies needing refrigeration inprescribed containers for later use. Responsible for racking, loading, and positioning appropriate glassware for each individual function.
- Maintains proper and adequate set-up and breakdown of portable bars and portable bar-backsin accordance with each banquet reception/ function; this includes stocking and putting away ofall beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws, and stirrers, condiments, glassware, ice, andproduce.
- Maintains cleanliness of bar area, beer lockers, refrigeration and storage areas to complywith health code standards. Includes sweeping, mopping and transporting of garbageweighing up to 100 lbs.
- Scoops ice from ice bins, transports to service areas and replenishes ice containers forusage. Checks and assists bartender in maintaining adequate amounts of supplies, i.e. stir sticks,napkins, matches, etc. for both the immediate bar and extended service areas
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Bars and Restaurants
Title: Spirits Beverage Porter (Part-Time)
Requisition ID: HOT05MAU