IBM Corporate Analyst Relations Manager in New York, New York
Uncover and transform insights into creative experiences that matter to your customers. Make every touchpoint an opportunity to engage. As a Marketing Professional at IBM, you will create stories that cut through noise and have an impact on your audience. IBM is trailblazing the Agile Marketing approach, allowing you to work with speed, adaptability and creativity to uncover insights and deliver experiences that matter to your customers.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Analyst Relations team is seeking a talented individual contributor for a dynamic role helping to create and manage IBM’s Corporate AR program. The role of the Corporate AR manager will be responsible for telling the cross-IBM story to analysts and influencers that take a broad view at trends and technologies impacting the enterprise. This includes working with independent analysts and influencers as well as research leaders from large, traditional industry analyst firms. This role will work alongside IBM’s Analyst Relations teams aligned to the IBM Business Units as well as with colleagues across the Corporate Communications and Social Media teams to engage analysts and influencers that have voices on traditional and social media channels to help show how IBM is helping clients transform and plan for the future.
Analyst Relations is at the nexus of IBM technology and business strategies. Our team plays a critical, cross-functional role working with experts at many different levels of the organization across offering management, marketing and communications. We work with industry and technology analysts to inform the market on IBM’s offerings and seek feedback from clients, partners and the market at large.
Candidate should have:
• Ability to tell a compelling story that shows how IBM is addressing trends in the market and helping clients succeed
• Strong content creation and writing skills, the ability to partner across IBM teams and create a narrative that ties together multiple IBM businesses
• Capacity to glean meaningful insights from conversations with analysts and communicate the message back to an executive audience
• Confidence and tact to present constructive advice to IBM leaders that may hold an alternative view
• Aptitude to build consensus and brings teams together in the spirit of “one IBM”
• An eagerness to work with highly influential individuals both in and outside of the company
• The tenacity, determination and patience to be able to push through obstacles and challenge conventional thinking
Candidate will report to Manager of Strategy & Operations Team in Analyst Relations, based in Boston, MA.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Building, nurturing and owning relationships with the top analysts that take a cross-IBM view in their research
• Working with AR colleagues to help generalists engage with domain experts across IBM strategic software, hardware and service businesses; you are responsible for helping analysts understand how the various parts of IBM come together to help clients solve their most complex problems, transforming companies and industries
• Coordinate with IBM External Relations colleagues on analyst content published in traditional media, help facilitate supporting analyst quotes for media engagements
• Work with AR’s social media team to identify top analysts and influencers and build engagement plans that span social and traditional channels
• Partner with the AR Operations team to regularly pull together AR outcomes across the organization to communicate value back to CHQ audience
• Help create an analyst-facing website to allow the AR a central place to communicate news, events and share content
Applicants must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
• Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years professional experience
• Understanding of Cloud, Cognitive and emerging enterprise technologies and services
• Experience in Analyst Relations or experience working closely with industry analysts on corporate/product strategy
• Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to operate in a highly visible and accountable role
• Expert organizational skills to manage workstreams and engagements.
• Excellent writing ability and verbal communication skills, you can create and convey meaningful content that clearly states IBM’s competitive position
• Ability to manage ambiguity and solve problems independently
• Knowledge of social media platforms and best practices for engaging with influencers
• Experience in event planning, coordination and execution
• Compassion and respect for colleagues, partners and clients
• Skilled in using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and other productivity tools (Slack, Webex, Trello, Box etc.)
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
• MBA or other advanced degree
• Existing knowledge of IBM and competitive offerings, strategy and competitive differentiation
• 15+ years experience at Enterprise Technology companies in roles including: Analyst Relations, Market Intelligence, Product Marketing, Strategy, Business Development, or Communications
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs