IBM Data Analytics Specialist, Analyst Relations in New York, New York
IBM is looking for a Data Analytics Specialist in San Francisco, Boston or New York to work to handle an analytical workload which would primarily entail the management of a custom database that weighs influence as well as tracks interactions and mentions. This database gives the global analyst relations team a road map of the most important influencers globally. It is necessary to take raw data and transform it into creative graphs and PowerPoints with insights to help set strategic direction.
Analyst Relations is an old function inside of IBM. Some say IBM created the function in the 1960’s. It has been an integral part of how we work and create success for our business units, clients and society.
IBM has been innovating for 107 years. In 2017, we broke the record as the top US patent generator for the 25th consecutive year. Our patent leadership has changed the way the world works with advancements critical to the modern era of computing. Nearly half of our patents are pioneering advancements in AI, cloud computing, cybersecurity, blockchain and quantum computing – and all are aimed at helping the world and our clients.
Analyst Relations is at the nexus of IBM sales and strategy. It plays a critical, cross-functional role by working with experts at many different levels of the organization across product management, engineering, communications, sales and marketing teams, while leveraging important technology analysts and key global influencer community. Analyst Relations is considered a strategic function at IBM, as it drives revenue and influences strategy.
Candidate should have;
• Strong ability in data analytics, including database construction and analytics tools.
• Ability to develop and continuously measure Key Performance Metrics (KPIs) for different roles.
• Strong content and proficient story writing skills.
• Ability to take unstructured data, and crystalize them into poignant compelling visuals.
• Ability to glean insights from data, communicate it to peers, and create executive-level talking points.
• Ability to leverage data to craft unique solutions to elevate the Analyst Relations efforts.
• Ability to present orally and written to broad audiences (executive to functional).
• Effectively project manage such that you can handle multiple projects, from beginning to end.
• Ability to teach concepts to other teammates, such that they can replicate your analyses.
• An eagerness to work with highly influential individuals both in and outside of the company.
• Candidate must have the tenacity, determination and patience to be able to challenge conventional thinking and processes. Also, key to the role are the following traits; analytical, entrepreneurial, persistent, collaborative, open and expressive. Must like to laugh.
• Exceptional skills with: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other analytics tools as well as, Tableau, SQL, Slack, Zoom, Box and Architect.
Candidate will report to Manager of Strategy & Operations Team in Analyst Relations, based in Boston, MA.
This role requires the ability to work on multiple fast paced projects at the same time, strong analytical skills, and experience evaluating qualitative and quantitative research in the tech sector. This candidate must also enjoy building relationships with industry influencers and internal stakeholders. Candidate will be a delicate blend of technical and business.
The candidate will interact with colleagues across IBM’s global offices.
• Develop, manage and create content for the Analyst Relations department.
• The content you generate educates IBM executives, the most influential technical analysts, hybrid analysts, bloggers, marketers, etc., who work with existing or prospective IBM customers, key global media and financial markets.
• Work closely with and for Vice President, department colleagues and BU’s to influence strategy while improving analyst/influencer perceptions and relationships.
• Collaborate with colleagues in Analyst Relations, Marketing, Sales, Product Management, Communications, Finance and BU leadership to ensure that IBM is receiving the best representation with the analyst/influencer community.
• Develop and broaden Analyst Relations key performance metrics to elevate efforts to key BU leadership and stakeholders.
• Analyze analyst inputs, such as social media, blogs, reports, and other forms of influence. Leverage data to guide Analyst Relations leads to maximize amplification of IBM messages.
• Develop a keen understanding of how to build credible and impactful relationships with key influencers and leading industry analysts. Honesty, tenacity and consistency.
• Grow a deep technical interest in the spaces that IBM plays in.
• Be a person who thinks about bettering the world through your work in the technology sector.
Applicants must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelor’s Degree in Data Analytics, Data Science, Applied Math, Economics
• Proven proficiency in analysis and visualization tools such as SQL, Tableau, and Excel.
• Expertise in writing and creating compelling data-based content and graphics, and presenting them in Word and PowerPoint.
• Experience with collaboration software tools such as Box, Zoom, Slack and Architect.
• Experience in social media analysis.
• Experience working in the tech sector and/or a passion for technology.
• Polish and presence to work with senior management.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Unwavering attention to detail and excellence.
• Compassion and respect for fellow colleagues and clients.
• Entrepreneurial mindset, being able to operate in a highly visible and accountable role.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Advanced Degree in the Engineering/Sciences, Math, Computer Science and/or MBA Strategy or JD.
• 5+ years of work technology flavored experience in: Data Analytics, Market Research, Performance Marketing, Management Consulting, Strategy, Product Management, Communications, PR, or Graphic Design.
• Existing relationships with leading industry analysts/influencers in emerging technologies space.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.