Comcast DevOps Engineer, Blockgraph in New York, New York
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
BlockGraph, a startup being incubated by Comcast, is hiring a DevOps Engineer in New York City to help build, scale, and launch our technology platform from the ground up.
Blockgraph is a distributed peer-to-peer platform based on blockchain technology that will improve consumer data security and data-driven advertising effectiveness. We are working with the biggest names in TV and premium video to improve ad planning, addressable targeting, ad execution, and measurement across linear and digital TV. Our business aims to increase the value of advertising as a whole by allowing marketer participants to anonymously match their data sets with programmers, distributors and other marketers in order to target or analyze consumers on any device without giving up proprietary customer information.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for building and maintaining the infrastructure that helps Blockgaph engineers and our partners execute globally, quickly and securely. As the first Blockgraph DevOps engineer, you will have the opportunity to lead the research, selection, implementation and management of development toolchain support including CI/CD pipelines, container schedulers, infrastructure-as-code deployment, metrics logging and monitoring, and cloud provider management from the ground up across a network of the world's largest media and technology companies.
The ability to effectively work within a startup organization is critical, you must be able to wear many technical and operational hats and adjust focus as priorities evolve. BlockGraph works in an agile, lean startup mode so the work is fluid and fast paced. This position also requires being comfortable with uncertainty and balancing the needs of many large clients with speed of creation and innovation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Research, evaluate, develop and deploy new applications with a large degree of autonomy
- Deploy, improve, and maintain highly available systems and services
- Act as a paragon of modern development best practices (you will help shape our development culture)
- Serve as the cloud, development toolchain, and CI/CD subject matter expert, both internally and to our clients
- Partner with Product Management and other development teams to design world class software solutions
- Address the needs of the teams through your superior networking, system, and software engineering skills
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or similar field of study
- 3 to 5 years of software engineering, DevOps, Site Reliability or equivalent field
- Proficiency in a language such as Java, Golang, C
- Expert in troubleshooting performance and behavioral problems
- Deep familiarity with cloud foundry ecosystem, technologies, and best practices
- Experience in working with AWS and other Cloud providers
- Comfort and familiarity in working with infrastructure-as-code frameworks such as Terraform
- Familiarity with Jenkins or other modern build servers
- Comfortable with git or other version control systems
- Understanding of branching and deployment strategies
- Understanding and knowledge of modern security tools, development patterns, and best practices
- Known for being a smart, analytical thinker who approaches their work with logic and enthusiasm
- Detail oriented, flexible in the way that a startup requires, comfortable in a very collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to present complex topics effectively
- Strong analytical thinking skills and results driven personality
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer