Comcast Director DSP Partnerships in New York, New York
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
About the Opportunity:
FreeWheel is hiring a New York City - based, Director, DSP Demand Partnerships reporting to the Executive Director, Global DSP Partnerships. This is a key member of FreeWheel's DSP team, overseeing strategic Demand Side Platform business partnerships globally. This individual will be responsible for managing and growing DSP revenue, as well as furthering the partnership from a strategic, technical and legal perspective. Managing senior-level day to day relationships with our partners, collaborating closely with our DSP account management team as well as FreeWheel Services and Product will all be part of the daily routine in this role. As a member of the larger FreeWheel Markets group, this individual will attend industry events and frequently be off-site as a representative of our business.
The ideal candidate for this position has demonstrable experience managing a global demand-side programmatic business and has cross industry partner contacts at senior levels.
7 10 years of related experience in sales, business development, and/or account management within an advertising technology company (digital video experience preferred)
A mature and well-informed view of the dynamics of cross platform digital advertising and a deep understanding of the programmatic ecosystem
A demonstrated track record of progressive responsibility, success in building and managing strategic partnerships with leading DSPs and programmatic partners
Strong consultative sales skills, relationship building, external and internal customer satisfaction management
Demonstrated ability to negotiate and manage complex business contract
Ability to understand and interpret customer needs and partner with product and engineering team to develop solutions
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience working internationally a plus
Generally requires 9 years related experience
- Execute the Demand Side Platform business development and account management strategy across FreeWheel's global footprint
- Manage and develop a team of strategic account management and sales leads on a global scale
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Provide tactical direction to DSP teams to onboard new demand partners, strengthen existing relationships, and expand commercial and strategic opportunities
- Regularly participate in client entertainment and activities focused on strengthening business relationships
- Lead the training and development of DSP Sales & Account Management teams
- Travels as necessary in support business objectives (prospect/client meetings, conferences, internal meetings)
This position will require frequent and meaningful interaction with FreeWheel senior leadership. To be a leader in this environment will require the ability to quickly connect the dots between all functions, and have a deep understanding of FreeWheel technology, service offerings, and capabilities. An ability to successfully manage a smart, diverse, and extremely ambitious team (existing and new) is critical
In addition, we highly value individuals who are:
- Highly motivated to work for a leading growth technology business, and understand the difference relative to working for a large corporate company
- Optimistic with a strong sense of humor
Life is short. Work someplace great.
FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we're not. We have fun every day because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of television and this is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that's already thinking about what TV is going to look like five years from now?
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer