Comcast Director, Media Operations Solutions in New York, New York
FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, comprised of FreeWheel Publishers, FreeWheel Markets, and FreeWheel Advertisers empowers all segments of The New TV Ecosystem. We are structured to provide the full breadth of solutions the advertising industry needs to achieve their goals. We power the technology, data enablement, and convergent marketplaces required to ensure buyers and sellers can transact across all screens, across all data types, and all sales channels, in order to ensure the ultimate goal results for marketers. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, London, Paris, Beijing, and across the globe, FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
As Director, Media Operations Solutions, you will play a central part in merging our digital and linear business functions. The Markets Business Unit is focused on delivering a premium video advertising solution, which includes our self-service and managed service publishers, as well as Open RTB Buyer Platforms. In this role, you will have to be a natural leader; proactive in moving the needle and always finding a way to get the job done.
You will closely work with our regional teams based in NY & Paris, our Tech & Product groups as well as sales and operations.
- Liase with tech & product on all new product testing for digital and linear operation teams'
- Develop a deep understanding of team workflows to fill in gaps when necessary
- Serve as an internal escalation point for all tech and product needs
- Run training program for new hires on Account Management, Digital & Linear Ops and Inventory Quality tasks
- Communicate product updates to internal teams when necessary
- Advise to expand upon our current product offerings to improve team workflow and drive revenue
- Provide guidance on communication paths for client and technical requests
- Learn our clients business needs and ensure that relevant solutions are provided
- Create accountability across media operation functions; reporting on time spent and quality of work
- Work as part of the team on the 24/7 support workflow including on call rotation.
- Feeding back into the business on client or service requirements and requests and taking a pro-active role in pushing useful features to our Product team
- Reviews marketing plans to ensure maximum sales volume is at minimumcost for all lines of business.
- Partners with Product Sales Team leaders and marketing management toidentify key reports, functionality and system tasks to support thesales process and improve tracking, usage, and trend identification.
- Identifies marketing prospects to implement lead tracking initiatives.
- Oversees the daily activity reports and reporting trends.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in mattersof significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to worknights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience: 8-10 years
- Knowledge of Programmatic and IO Based Media Buying
- Committed to delivering results for our clients
- Curious and fast learner
- Effective analytical and organizational abilities
- Eagerness to work in a rapidly changing team environment
- Direct experience with MVPD, Publisher, Sales House, Ad Network or SSP, ideally with a background in trafficking or operations
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 10 years related experience
IN ADDITION, WE HIGHLY VALUE INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE:
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Optimistic with a strong sense of humor
Life is short. Work someplace great.
FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we're not. We have fun everyday because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of television and this is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that's already thinking about what TV is going to look like five years from now?
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer