Northwell Health Lab Technologist Per Diem Chemistry Nights (Lenox Hill Hospital) in New York, New York
Req Number 0016AD
Job Category Laboratory
Performs clinical laboratory procedures, examinations and other tests pursuant to established protocols including maintaining equipment and records, and performing quality assurance activities related to examination performance requiring the exercise of independent judgment and responsibility.
Sets-up and performs a variety of routine and/or complex laboratory tests and procedures relevant to the particular lab area and personal qualifications. Prepares and tests specimens for examination and reports results.
Follows established in-process quality control procedures including recording data.
3. Performs routine and/or preventive maintenance on laboratory equipment.
4. Troubleshoots basic instrumentation, culture media, chemicals, reagents, stains, solutions, technical problems and methodologies.
5. Maintains sufficient supplies at work station.
6. Ensures and maintains quality control and assurance activities.
7. Uses Infection Control practices and procedures.
8. Performs related duties, as required.
REQUIREDEXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, Basic Science or related field, preferred.
· Licensed by New York State Education Department (NYSED) as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist (or as appropriate to area of assignment), required.
· Minimum of one (1) year work experience and/or training specific to the work being done in the area noted above, required.