Brinks Manager Claims in New York, New York
Requisition #:34911Location:New York NY - B0490
Functional Area:Education Required:Bachelors Degree
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Experience Required:3 - 5 Years
Brink’s U.S., a division of Brink’s, Incorporated, is the premier provider of armored car transportation, currency and coin processing, ATM servicing and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Manager Claims.
The Manager Claims is responsible for leading the Claims administration department, including: supporting all inbound claim inquiries; serving as the champion for the Brink’s customer; and executing the strategies consistent with the organization’s mission, vision, values and strategic plan.
• Implement strategies through the execution of a tactical plan to achieve the expected results of the organization and meeting customer expectations, including Claims responsiveness/timeliness/effectiveness
• Develop recommendations for solutions, seeking support for implementing solutions and leading efforts to resolve issues both internally and externally by escalating at appropriate times and levels
• Adjust priorities to respond to pressing and changing client or operational demands; anticipate and meet the needs of customers by being proactive and providing operational support and guidance on claim handling next steps
• Ensure customers are informed of changes to policies which could impact the client's business and protect Brinks overall risk
• Understanding the contractual terms surrounding the risk management of claims for both the customer and Brinks operations
• Ensure teams and the company are exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLA) and stated goals for claim resolutions
• Escalation point for both internal and external failures of the process to include in person or verbal meetings along with written follow up
• Direct activities for team supervisors and representatives to achieve daily goals
• Recruit, hire and develop staff to achieve corporate, departmental and team goals ; conduct regular, formal performance appraisals for assigned personnel and provide ongoing feedback to employees
• Maintain a clear vision for the team and ensure success of each process area; achieve commitment to continuous improvement of services
• Work with other Managers to ensure consistent service is delivered to customers
• Provide focused, timely, high quality resolutions for escalated customer issues
• Participate and drive processes as needed
• Create accountability from reporting metrics for both internal and external expectations for the claims process and handling
• Use root cause analysis and drive prevention of claims
• Perform other duties as assigned or necessary
• Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Corporate environment
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience with direct customer interaction
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a research / investigation role.
• Bachelor Degree
• Management experience in a corporate office environment
• Operations experience with transportation/ vault services/ armored industry
• Strong experience in championing change, motivating persuasively and getting results through working with others
• Basic knowledge of process management principles
• Practical understanding of training principles
• Basic understanding of Customer Experience strategies and tactics
• Bachelor Degree
• Strong consultative, analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
• Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
• Inspirational and motivational skills
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s U.S. We provide a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. In addition, we offer a 401(k) plan with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top