Aetna Principal Analytics Consultant - Pricing in New York, New York
Req ID: 54159BR
Are you passionate about healthcare, and looking for a place where you can contribute to systemic change? Looking for opportunities to use cutting edge technologies analyzing petabytes of data in a world class Hadoop cluster, generating insights to guide consumers in their journey to wellness and help them achieve their health ambitions, whether it s running the Inca Trail Marathon or playing tackle football with their grandkids? Aetna s Analytics & Behavior Change is focused on delivering strategically impactful programs and tools to help our members across all life stages feel the joy of achieving their best health, in their own way.
We are currently looking for an exceptional Principal Analytics Consultant in our New York City offices, who would apply consulting, analytic, and leadership expertise to drive business impact across a variety of strategic problems.
· Understands key drivers of business value and acts as an “analytics product leader, leveraging strategic mindset and input from business partners to translate business opportunities into analytics projects
· Structures problems and problem-solving approaches, identifying critical hypotheses to test and best-suited analytical approaches
· Conducts and delivers high-quality analyses on large data sets (or guides junior team members to do so); pushing data outputs to synthesized insights with business implications
· Presents insights and recommendations to senior staff and internal clients
· Acts as “player-coach, reviewing the work of junior team members and offering mentorship for their professional development
· Autonomously leads business relationships and sub-teams through analytics development
· Leverages influencing skills to “get things done within a large organization and among many stakeholders
· Minimum 7-10 years total business experience
· MBA or Masters/PhD in quantitative field (or equivalent work experience)
· 3+ years experience in strategy consulting or corporate/analytics strategy roles
· 3+ years experience leading teams and business initiatives to impact
· Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources
· Experience programming using R, Hadoop, Python, SQL, SAS preferred
· Healthcare and/or insurance sector experience preferred
· Product or Pricing strategy experience a plus
· Strategic problem-solving mindset – Ability to conceptualize and validate potential opportunities, and proactively anticipate/address problems and roadblocks before they occur
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills, particularly in explaining complex analyses, insights or analytical concepts to senior executives
Mastersdegree desired, PHD a plus
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Job Function: Data & Analytics
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.