IBM Security Intelligence Executive Advisors in New York, New York
IBM Security North America seeks experts in Security Operations to join our North America Sales Team. Successful candidates will be experts in the people, process and technology involved in our clients’ security operations. Advisors will assume leadership and responsibility for developing a trusted advisor relationship with assigned clients to drive OI and pipeline through applying world-class consultative selling and technical skills across IBM's industry-leading Security Intelligence portfolio. Key expertise and skills are listed below.
Prerequisite experience: All candidates must possess
· knowledge of the business and technical trends driving changes in clients’ security investments and operations
· a proven track record of hands-on experience with one or more business or technical aspect of Security Operations from the client’s perspective
· demonstrable communication skills required to communicate IBM's Security strategy and portfolio to senior client executives, showing differentiated value vs. key competitors across log management, SIEM, flow analysis, vulnerability management, network monitoring, threat data/threat modeling systems and cognitive systems.
· ability to execute effective technical accelerators, including demos, as well as basic PoTs and PoCs.
Additional key expertise and skills: Note that no candidate is expected to possess this entire list of skills and experiences. Successful candidates must demonstrate an appropriate mix however.
· Strategies for attracting, training and retaining SOC staff.
· Deep insight into how client security strategies and budgets are established.
· SOC technology procurement strategies and processes.
· Cyber incident planning and response.
· Deep understanding of enterprise security analytics, including threat analysis and modelling, and applications of machine intelligence.
· Experience with PoTs and PoCs, in complex Security environments.
· Experience in technical solution design / architecture for security solutions, including capacity and throughput planning, and technical and quality assurance processes.
· Understanding, and being able to articulate to clients, deployment processes and best practices to lower deployment risk and accelerate time to value, and overall client satisfaction and success
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Five years’ SaaS experience in a Sales, Tech Sales or CSM role
BS Degree in Computer Science, IT Management, or related field
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Five years of experience with Security technology offerings in a Sales, Tech Sales or CSM role
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.