Comcast Sr. Data Scientist in New York, New York
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for leveraging internal and external data to provide insights and information which supports a facts-based decision making process. Provides input into strategy, analysis methods, and tool selection. Works independently with minimal-to-no supervision while also demonstrating the ability to lead projects and initiatives autonomously.
- Develops and executes statistical and mathematical solutions to business problems. Frames problem, develop roadmap, communicates intended approach and quantitative methods to develop solution.
- May serve as a team leader within a work group or on cross-functional teams. Mentors and train junior team members.
- Improve products and services or solve problems using best practice and knowledge of internal and or external business issues.
- Uses analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, extracting actionable insights using advanced statistical techniques such as data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics (e.g., predictive models, LTV, propensity models).-Build customer centric models and optimization tools to support large scale projects that utilize online & offline data, structured & unstructured data, set top box data, and media/behavioral/attitudinal data.
- Develop and deploy predictive models based on historical data that provide future predictions about customer behavior.
- Constructs forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on applying data science techniques to business data.
Education Level: Master's degree
Field of Study: Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Science, Operational Research, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
Years of Experience: Generally requires 5-8 years related experience.
- PhD preferred
- Intermediate to Expert level proficiency with statistical probabilistic modeling techniques such as regression, decision trees, neural networks, support vector machines, clustering techniques, etc.
- Advanced skills in developing statistical targeting models using at least 2 of the following tools-SAS, R, KNIME, SPSS, Python, RapidMiner, Weka, MATLAB, Statistica, KXEN, Bayesia, etc.
- Experience working within enterprise data warehouse environments platforms (Teradata, Netezza, Oracle, etc.) and working within distributed computing platforms such as Hadoop and associated technologies such as MapReduce, Spark, Storm, Yarn, Kafka, Sqoop and Hive
- Expert in at least 1 scripting and/or programming language such as Scala, Julia, C#, Python, Perl, Java, C
Compliance: Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer