Comcast Sr. Research Analyst, Advanced Advertising in New York, New York
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
The Comcast Media 360 team partners with innovative brands to design and deliver media campaigns that leverage addressability, interactivity and learning across the full portfolio of Comcast's media assets: TV, Online, VOD and mobile/tablet platforms. This team works with leading media analytic companies to design, develop and deliver customized ad effectiveness research studies that extend campaign measurement beyond traditional metrics and better measure return on investment.
Comcast Media 360 is looking for a talented, highly motivated individual with strong data analysis, data storytelling and project management skills to join its Media Intelligence team. The successful candidate will be able to look beyond "what" an analysis shows with a strong desire to discover the "why".
The Analyst will work closely with other Analysts, Sr. Research Manager and Research Directors using standard and custom data sets to create target audience segments, launch addressable campaigns and measure the effectiveness of campaigns for national advertisers. This person will be responsible for turning complicated concepts into concise, clearly understood data insights. Additionally, the analyst will support set top box data analytics for national clients, and closely partner with cross-functional teams to scope analytic deliverables and execute project timelines. This person should be able to work with moderate guidance.
- Utilizes syndicated and proprietary data tools to define audience targets, determine media plan execution and assess measurement feasibility.
- Manage end-to-end custom data targeting and measurement processes across multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Works closely with Comcast Media 360 sales executives and responds to internal sales requests in support of addressable campaign proposal requests.
- Helps develop new measurement solutions and/or reports via creative use of internal and external data.
- Partners with leading data analytics companies to create custom audience targets, execute a measurement plan and "tell a story" with relevant data.
- Prepare analytical reports, helps craft and visualize data insights, and pull together recommendations.
- Understands and has hands on experience implementing various statistical concepts, comfortable working with large data sets.
- Works directly with cross-functional teams and department leadership to develop research insights and case studies.
- Generates reports from various syndicated research tools, internal systems & databases for the Research Manager, Research Directors and Sales Team.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in marketing, mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field.
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Applications (Excel & PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of advertising sales industry, conceptual knowledge of addressable advertising is preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with constantly shifting priorities.
- Experience working with audience measurement tools (Nielsen, ComScore, Strata View, etc.) and/or syndicated data (Scarborough, Experian, Polk, Kantar, etc.).
- Experience with Tableau, R, MySQL, Looker, Python, or VBA a plus, but not required.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer