KeyBank VP, Investment Banking, Healthcare, NYC or San Francisco in New York, New York
VP, Investment Banking, Healthcare, NYC or San FranciscoinNew York, NYatKey Bank- Corporate
Date Posted: 10/8/2019
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: 277 Park Avenue New York, NY
Job Type: Banking
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 10/8/2019
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, KeyCorp (Key) is one of the nation s largest financial services companies. Key provides investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance and investment banking products to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally.
Our goal is to be the best regional bank in the U.S. What that means is we put our clients needs first and take a customized approach to meeting those needs. At Key we ve made a promise to our clients that they will always have a champion in us. To deliver on that promise, we re committed to building a team of engaged employees who do the right thing for our clients and help them achieve their financial goals each and every day.
Essential Job Functions:
• Leading teams of Associates and Analysts in the provision of financing and advisory services to clients as well as the creation and preparation of presentation and pitch materials; mentoring, coaching and assisting in the development of Associates and Analysts in the Consumer & Retail Group.
• Managing and executing tasks encompassing comprehensive financial modeling and valuation analyses.
• Analyzing the financial statements and operating metrics of public companies within the Retail & Apparel sector to generate industry insights.
• Act as a trusted advisor to clients and prospective clients through relationship development, industry knowledge and capital markets expertise.
• Developing a thorough understanding of the trends and competitive dynamics within the sector.
• Understanding the financial impact of decisions on the client's organization.
• Coordinating the appropriate organizational resources to deliver product solutions and advice to clients.
• Maintaining frequent and appropriate communications with team members and product partners throughout the firm.
• Eventually begin to assume origination responsibilities in accordance with the strategic direction of the Consumer & Retail Group, including but not limited to: identifying and calling on prospects; the creation, analysis and presentation of actionable ideas; and, originating new client mandates.
• Ongoing involvement in the identification and recruitment of potential new hire candidates for the Consumer & Retail Group as well as other franchise-building activities.
• Minimum of five years of investment banking experience
• Relevant client interaction and transaction experience in the Consumer & Retail industry.
• Demonstrated ability to manage deal teams
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated ability to work in a time sensitive environment with strong focus and attention to detail
• Undergraduate Degree in Business (Accounting, Finance, Business Admin, Economics, etc.) or Liberal Arts; MBA preferred but not required.
• Series 7
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.