Norfolk Southern Manager Business Process & Systems in Norfolk, Virginia
Develops and executes business processes which support analytics for the Marketing and Sales organization. Promotes process improvement associated with the Marketing divisions in the areas of yield management, business growth, and productivity strategies.
- Serves as liaison for the Marketing divisions to determine requirements for customized solutions and enhancements to existing marketing applications.
- Supports productivity enhancements through the development of various marketing applications and analytics.
- Aids market planning and analysis efforts by communicating line-of-business level data across the organization.
- Streamlines report creation through improved database retrievals from various corporate database resources including Teradata, DB2, SQL Server.
- Provides visibility of volumetric and pricing data in easily consumable formats including dashboards and automated reports.
- Develops working models and production applications using technologies including SQL, Java, Classic ASP, HTML and various web languages and frameworks.
-Serves as a liaison between the Marketing divisions and external customers to troubleshoot data and processes anomalies.
-Manages and mentors a technical team in the areas of project management and technical development.
Job Related Experience:
Minimum Level: 1-2 years
Preferred Level: 3-5 years
Preferred Level: Bachelor's Degree (BS, BA)
- Computer and Information Sciences
-Understanding of ETL development
Skills and Abilities:
- Customer Service
- Identifying and Considering Alternatives
- Planning and Organizing
- People Development
Shift Work: No
Weekend Work: Occasional
Travel Required: 0 - 2 Days per Month,
Norfolk Southern Corporation(NYSE: NSC) is one of the nation’s premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500route milesin 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a major transporter of coal, automotive, and industrial products.
We are a team of more than 28,000 employees working together to maintain our reputation as "The Thoroughbred of Transportation". As an industry leader, Norfolk Southern offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Norfolk Southern is an equal opportunity employer including veterans and disabled.