Chenega Corporation Unarmed Guard-Part Time in North Carolina
CHENEGA TOTAL ASSET PROTECTION, LLC
Company Job Title:
Chenega Job Title:
SCA WD Labor Category:
Research Triangle, NC
Non-Exempt, Full Time, Hourly
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
The Unarmed Guard-CDCis primarily responsible to perform protective service work such as guarding buildings and property, protecting equipment and material, and controlling access to installations by employees and visitors. TheUnarmed Guard-CDCis responsible for screening, package / baggage checks, door / lock checks., greeting and access control. Responds to emergencies as directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
· Required to follow all company personnel and safety policies, and perform all assigned duties in a safe work manner.
· Will arrive at work at scheduled times to allow for dressing in required uniform and issue of equipment.
· Will carry out general and special orders for post assigned.
· Will communicate via radio, telephone and orally according to orders.
· Required to interact and escort as required with public and government personnel.
· Will be responsible for cleanliness of uniform and equipment assigned.
· Meet, greet and interact professionally with employees, VIPs, and the general public
· Maintain poise and self-control under stress.
· Construct and write clear, concise, accurate, and detailed reports in English.
· Read, speak, understand, and apply printed rules, detailed orders, instructions, and training materials in English.
· Experience monitoring alarms and dispatching is preferred.
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
· Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
· Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
· Must speak, read, write, and understand the English language, apply written rules, detailed orders, instructions and training material.
· Have no record or history of illegal drug use, sale, possession, or manufacture during the previous five years.
· Have no felony convictions and no convictions that reflect on the individual’s reliability including those crimes classified under the Lautenburg Act.
· In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Skill in operating a personal computer and standard office equipment.
· Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook.
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
· During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Organization: Chenega Total Asset Protection (CTAP)
Title: Unarmed Guard-Part Time
Location: North Carolina
Requisition ID: 1800003736