Merck 2020 MBA - Senior Specialist, Oncology Brand Marketing in North Wales, Pennsylvania
The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. With a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products, Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Human Health (HH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The division is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Senior Marketing Specialist will be part of an Oncology Marketing team, and will work closely with Associate Directors supporting one or more tumor types within Oncology.
This position will require outstanding proficiency in many different areas including project management, communication, execution excellence, and cross-functional collaboration.
Key responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
· The primary responsibility will be to support the development of marketing resources and programs to support assigned indications. This may include core HCP resources, medical education, and non-personal activities. This individual will also represent the team in the product review team (PRT) process including scheduling, prioritization, and discussions.
· Will make operational contributions to assigned area including strategic marketing, brand management, and communications management. This individual will develop tumor-related communications and collaborate with the oncology operations team for field webcasts and meetings.
· Contribute to the overall team objectives and key priorities.
· Work across functional areas within Merck, including marketing, field sales, training, compliance, legal, and others to help support team priorities.
· Solves complex problems in assigned area
· Knowledge of internal/external challenges to improve product marketing offerings
· Financial planning and management activities such as budget management, forecasting, and business case development
· Interprets customer needs and insights, assesses requirements, and identifies solutions
Position Qualifications :
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Currently enrolled in a program leading to a Master in Business Administration with a Graduate date of May 2020
Required Experience and Skills:**
· A minimum of 1 plus years of professional work/internship experience
Preferred Experience and Skills:
Business /Data analytics/Digital Marketing experience
Experience with various Business Intelligence (BI) platforms
Experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or other related regulated industries
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Poster at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
EEOC GINA Supplement at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocginasupplement.pdf
OFCCP EEO Supplement at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Requisition ID: R9639
- Merck Jobs