Frontier Communications Director, Financial Systems in NORWALK, Connecticut
Director, Financial Systems
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier’s video offerings include Frontier FiOS® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Business Edge™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
Position Summary: The Director of Financial Systems – FP&A; is a member of the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A;) team and has overall responsibility for maintaining the functionality and effectiveness of all internal financial management reporting systems. In addition, this individual will have oversight for timely and accurate cross-functional financial business processes such as month end close, budgets, and forecasts.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background leading process improvement initiatives and be operations oriented. He/she will work closely with the Finance and Accounting teams to identify process improvement opportunities and provide solutions focused on driving efficiencies, streamlining timelines, and bringing automation to the forefront. He/she will proactively identify system, data flow and process issues, conduct root cause analysis, generating reports and analysis of findings that ultimately create solutions to address system issues and work to resolves any process gaps. This includes but is not limited to collecting and analyzing data to support the business cases, system requirements, and proposed projects, leading the end-to-end change control process: solution development, testing, trouble-shooting and implementation to key stakeholders.
This is a hands-on role, requiring the ideal candidate to work in close partnership with all constituents to understand the needs of the business and drive for effective and sustainable solutions.
- Ensure the overall maintenance and administration of all financial reporting systems. Proactively partner with internal and external IT support teams to ensure that the performance of the system is maximized and working properly and effectively.
- Regularly meet with system owners, decision makers and end users to define the business financial operations requirements. Establish goals and objectives; identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Lead the effort for defining technical requirements, scope of work, deliverables, time frames, and methodology for any projects, process improvements and system changes.
- Primary responsibility for systems maintenance and administration, including maintenance of process documentation and desk procedures as well as ensuring appropriate backup and updates.
- Collaborate in the design planning, development, and deployment of enhancements to existing financial systems, as well as new applications.
- Prepare and deliver recommendations/reports to address existing or potential challenges and/or risks within the financial systems.
- Identify opportunities for improvement of data capture and flow between source systems and financial systems
- Responsible for data integrity of financial information maintained in the internal reporting tool.
- Support implementation decisions through cost-benefit analysis and return on investment analysis.
- Partner and collaborate with FP&A; team to support other ad hoc projects or initiatives, as needed.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Brings a solutions oriented mindset to their work with keen ability to drive for innovative ideas
- Open to learning and supporting new technology/systems
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and act with a sense of urgency
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Must possess strong time management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple priorities while still driving for results
- Demonstrates strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Executive presence and proven ability to effectively present material to senior leaders
- Astute communicator, knowing when and what to communicate with relevant stakeholders to ensure no missed opportunities and/or no surprises
- Brings high level of energy to his /her work and a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong customer service skills and desire to work in a collaborative environment
*Required Qualifications: *
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Accounting or IT related discipline
- 8-10 years of related experience, including systems planning and development
- Minimum of 3 years administrative experience with Hyperion Essbase, Planning, or Financial Management
- Experience with Smart View MS Excel Add-In, SQL coding, Oracle
- Demonstrated experience in writing financial reports
- Advanced Excel capabilities
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.