Frontier Communications Manager, Tax in NORWALK, Connecticut
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier’s video offerings include Frontier FiOS® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Business Edge™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
The Manager, Tax Accountingwill manage the process and preparation of both the quarterly and year-end GAAP financial statement tax provisions and related schedules. He/she will manage cash tax forecasts and perform advanced consultative and technical services for the organization, ensuring they are timely and accurate. To be successful in this role, this individual will need to be a subject matter expert in Federal, State & Local Taxes and quickly understand the complexities involved with tax accounting for Frontier Communications and its subsidiaries. This individual must be able to effectively write tax accounting position papers, conduct tax authority research, write tax position memos, and provide other consultative and technical services.
- Manage the preparation of tax provisions under ASC 740, including preparation of the tax footnote disclosure
- Conduct return vs. provision reconciliation
- Maintain FIN48 reserves based on internal analysis in accordance with tax laws and regulations.
- Consult and advise key internal stakeholders such as the Accounting team, on tax accounting matters.
- Provide timely business support and analysis on tax components of transactions
- Assist with financial statement audits and tax audits
- Conduct research and analysis on tax and tax accounting issues, providing recommendations on tax treatment. Prepare memos to support the tax position
- Regular monitoring of Federal, State & Local tax developments. Conduct impact analysis, make appropriate recommendations to changes, communicate with key stakeholders and update work papers to reflect changes
- Proactively partner and collaborate with various functions organization wide regarding tax issues, including FP&A;, Accounting, HR/Benefit, Legal, Field Operations
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Accounting
- Master’s degree in Tax or Accounting and / or CPA, preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a public accounting firm or in the tax department of a publicly traded corporation
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Proven knowledge and experience with tax provision software such as Corptax
- Excellent analytical skills; detail oriented
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work independently, while successfully delivering results
- Acts with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrates accountability and ownership of his/her work
*Frontier is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. *For more information please visit: _https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm_