Frontier Communications Revenue Accounting College Intern in NORWALK, Connecticut
*College Intern - Revenue Accounting *Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier’s video offerings include Frontier FiOS® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Business Edge™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com. * *
Frontier Communications Inc.’s Revenue Accounting Group, located in Norwalk, Connecticut is offering a paid student internship. The internship program will provide the student with relevant skills in a variety of accounting functions via on-the-job training.
Functions to be performed include providing support for our accounting team and participating in a variety of project related assignments. This role reports to one of our Revenue Accounting Director with working relationships with other accountants, supervisors, and managers on the team. The successful candidate will add value to the group by providing strong professional presence, technical expertise, business sense, and a strong desire to help improve the overall accounting environment of Frontier. The ideal candidate for this position will have good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. This role is an excellent opportunity for someone with the motivation to gain experience in a large, publicly traded Company that is growing rapidly.
Perform the following in accordance with professional standards and department protocols:
- Contribute to the department's goal of continuous improvement and delivering value-added results
- Assist with monthly reconciliations and uploading journal entries
- Assist with integration activities of acquired properties
- Aid in streamlining business processes to improve efficiencies
- Assist with special projects, within accounting and cross-functionally within the Revenue groups
- Participate in ad hoc projects and analysis as necessary
- Participate in other accounting assignments as needed
Working towards Bachelors or Master’s degree in Accounting; must have completed at least one year of coursework, including introduction to accounting courses
Good communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Skills will include filtering, creating pivot tables, VLOOKUPS
- Working knowledge of general ledger systems and chart of accounts
- Strong analytical skills to effectively evaluate data
- Ability to work proactively and effectively with others
- Able to complete tasks accurately and in time line required
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to learn new skills
Frontier is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information please visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm