HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Technician FT Days Neuro in Ocala, Florida
AN EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D Tobacco Free Campus
Ocala Health System, including Ocala Regional Medical Center and West Marion Community Hospital, is the premier health system in Marion County. We offer multiple quality and award winning services including bariatric surgery, orthopedic care, robotic surgery, and cardiovascular and neurological services. Ocala Regional Medical Center is also a level 2 trauma center and teaching hospital. Located in Ocala, the Horse Capital of the world, Ocala Health is a growing system with increasing acuity and dedication to providing quality care to the community.
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Nurse Tech performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Unit Secretary duties
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Associationrequired.
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program required.
- 6 months experience required. * *
Florida Certification as a Nurse Assistant required
Working knowledge of medical terminologyrequired .
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Nurse Technician FT Days Neuro
Location: Florida-Ocala-Ocala Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00050-9259