DynCorp International LLC. Airfield Sweeper Operator in OCONAL UDEID AIR BASE, Qatar
The Airfield Sweeper Operator maintains and operates sweeper on airfields and streets to maintain an acceptable appearance and cleanliness level and to prevent foreign object damage (FOD) on airfield pavements.
Principal Accountabilities (Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Reduce the build-up of debris on paved surfaces using a variety of equipment. Surfaces may include paved roads, facility access, parking lots, airfields pavements (runway, taxiways, aircraft parking ramps, etc.), and other d areas as identified.
- May be required to sweep using hand tools to get debris the sweeper left behind.
- Develop sweeping schedule to keep all identified areas clean and clear per the PWS requirements.
- Inspect airfield pavement for potential debris.
- Perform daily inspections, servicing, and minor repairs to sweeper within their capability.
- Immediately report any damage or malfunctioning sweepers to the supervisor.
- Maintain and stock inventory of replacement parts for equipment.
- Comply with all safety precautions applicable to sweepers.
- Maintain radio contact with base operations and/or air traffic control tower during scheduled shifts.
Perform all other duties prescribed by management and as indicated in the Performance Work Statement. Knowledge & Skills
Knowledge of and ability to follow all applicable safety guidelines and regulations.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Ability to perform work safely under hazardous conditions.
Must have good radio communication skills.
Experience & Education
Minimum three (3) years of experience performing operations and maintenance of a street sweeper or similar equipment.
- Must have experience operating equipment on a flight line. Prior military experience working in this capacity on an Air Force airfield is preferred.
Must be able to obtain and maintain any certifications or licenses needed for flight line and/or restricted access.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
Ability to lift at least fifty (50) pounds and assist in lifting up to one hundred (100) pounds
- Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
- Must be able to pass a color vision test
May be required to maintain physical standards specified by regulation for the area of assignment.
Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Class B CDL License
Job: *Facilities / Maintenance / Repair
Title: Airfield Sweeper Operator
Location: QATAR-OCONAL UDEID AIR BASE
Requisition ID: 1802683