DynCorp International LLC. Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanic in OCONBAGHDAD, Iraq
TheGround Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanicrepairs and maintains a variety of aviation ground support equipment and commercial vehicles to Original Equipment Manufacturers specifications with minimum supervision.
Principal Accountabilities *
- Interpret and implement directives and publications pertaining to maintenance, including environmentally safe maintenance practices.
- Determine resource requirements for vehicle and equipment repair.
- Inspect, operate, service, and diagnose malfunctions on GSE/Vehicles using visual, auditory, test equipment, and technical references.
- Evaluate and perform troubleshooting on GSE/Vehicles recommending required repair action.
- Prepare GSE/Vehicles for storage, shipment, and mobility deployment.
- Solve repair problems by using drawings, wiring diagrams and schematics, and technical publications.
- Maintain equipment records, vehicle forms, and document maintenance actions.
- Maintain and update paper and electronic equipment forms.
- Check batteries on GSE/Vehicles for serviceability and performs preventative maintenance.
- Check GSE external fuel and grounding systems for serviceability and performs preventative maintenance.
- Remove, disassemble, repair, clean, treat for corrosion, assemble, and reinstall malfunctioning components.
- Stencil and mark GSE in accordance with technical references.
- Store, handle, label, use, and dispose of hazardous materials and waste according to environmental standards.
- Operate, clean, inspect, and service GSE towing vehicles.
- Provide pick-up and delivery service for GSE, including positioning equipment to support aircraft maintenance and flying operations.
- Coordinate all maintenance actions with the GSE Supervisor or designated representative.
- Train contractor and host nation personnel as required.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) services as required.
- Will be required to drive on the flight line
- Place orders for parts and receive and log delivery of parts.
- Performs other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Basic knowledge of diesel-fuel and gasoline engine repair.
- Ability to use automated maintenance systems.
- Advanced understanding of tools and test equipment and their use.
- Capable of interpreting technical data, drawings, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
- Knowledge of environmental safety.
- Knowledge of flight line procedures.
- Knowledge of GSE repair and mechanical principles.
- Knowledge of Automotive repair and mechanical principles.
- Knowledge of forklifts.
- Knowledge of Hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of Diesel and Gasoline engine powered vehicles.
- Knowledge of supply systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot using computerized diagnostic testing devices.
- Ability to troubleshoot using conventional and digital multimeters, voltmeters, oscilloscopes, and circuit card testers.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Passport before assignment.
- Ability to obtain a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) through the Department of State background. investigations is a condition of employment. A current MRPT is desired.
Experience & Education *
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in GSE/Automotive maintenance is required.
- ASE certification is preferred.
- Completion of specialized courses in general automotive maintenance and repair of small engines or military equivalent schooling is required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment *
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for up to six hours per day and sit for up to two hours per day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, and ladders and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds to height of four feet and be required to lift up to 35 pounds to height of 7 feet.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sounds.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three dimensional depths.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, etc.
- Will be exposed to surface obstructions (ladders, stairs, etc).
- May be exposed to rapid or extreme temperature changes, wind, and dust.
- May be exposed to chemical, mist, gas, vapors, ultra-violet and infra-red radiation.
- Will be exposed to loud noises.
- Must be capable of living and working in a potentially hostile environment for an extended period.
- May be required to travel to and between remote location(s) in austere or inhospitable high stress environments.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- Travel to and between CONUS and OCONUS locations is required.
Job: *Aviation / Support
Title: Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanic
Requisition ID: INL-1802028