DynCorp International LLC. Aircraft Mechanic II (AH-64 Mechanic) in OCONILLESHEIM, Germany
The AH-64D Mechanic performs maintenance and inspects on AH-64D systems maintaining to FAA standards.
- Performs the full range of military tactical aircraft maintenance with a primary expertise as a AH-64D mechanic, repair functions including assembly and modification on a variety of Army and other DoD cross-service aircraft, their major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, and related systems.
- Installs, connects, and adjusts complete systems such as fuel, heat, lubrication, hydraulic, engine, and transmission: installs and aligns fuselage parts; balances, aligns, and installs tail rotor assemblies; rigs complete flight control systems.
- Incorporates authorized modifications and changes.
- Makes operational checks of hydraulic and fuel systems using external power sources and powered ground equipment.
- Inspects and troubleshoots to determine cause of malfunctions; disassembles to point of trouble; adjusts, repairs, realigns or replaces defective component or assembly.
- Must be able to properly use a variety of common hand tools and measuring devices such as gauges, torque wrenches and scales and test, measurement and diagnostic equipment related to specific aircraft models.
- Must be able to determine when faulty systems or assemblies can be corrected through repair of replacement of new parts and the nature and extent of repair required.
- Must have skill in reading, applying and interpreting technical data.
- Directs the work of lower-graded mechanics for complete assembly, modification and checkout of the entire aircraft and coordinates with related trades such as general mechanics and sheet metal to assure proper sequence of the complete aircraft assembly process.
Prepare forms and records related to aircraft maintenance.
Knowledge & Skills
Must possess good communication skills; be adaptable, diversified and capable of troubleshooting entire aircraft system.
- Knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical and associated systems principles to complete properly all probable work tasks.
- Knowledge of Quality Control, Production and Supply procedures required to perform job assignment.
Strong background in the Contract Field Team Maintenance concept and its application to U.S. Military maintenance, modification and repair of tactical aircraft systems.
Experience & Education
High School Graduate and a minimum of five years’ experience in maintenance, modification and repair of tactical aircraft systems of the type being serviced and their associated components.
- Must have an FAA A&P
- National Security Position (National Agency Check with written Inquires (NACI) or Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) qualification required prior to being hired.
Certification of education level is required. Physical Requirements/Working Environment
Is required to climb, stand, stoop, bend, stretch, crouch and work in tiring and uncomfortable position. Frequently lifts parts and equipment up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lifts objects up to 50 pounds. Most heavy lifting is accomplished through the use of mechanical devices.
Must be immediately deployable to potential combat areas worldwide and qualify for a National Security Position (U.S. Secret Clearance)
As required in support of task order.
Job: *Aviation / Support
Title: Aircraft Mechanic II (AH-64 Mechanic)
Requisition ID: 1800945